Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Liquid Glass

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2003, 10:21 AM
kb
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Liquid Glass

has anyone used liquid glass on their car? how does it compare to the other waxes :chevy
Old 06-06-2003, 10:25 AM
Silver2002
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: Liquid Glass (kb)

Liquid Glass is an average product, but there are better options out there. I don't have my Gurureports run down here in the office, but when I get home I can look it up.
Old 06-06-2003, 10:27 AM
kb
Heel & Toe

Default Re: Liquid Glass (Silver2002)

thank you
Old 06-06-2003, 10:44 AM
Silver2002
Drifting

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Contributor

You also might want to try doing a search on Liquid Glass and you should come up with some more detailed information oin it from that.
Old 06-06-2003, 01:33 PM
DsC5
Race Director

:iagree: it works pretty well, but there are better options. if you're looking for a store-bought product in the $15 range, try Mothers California Gold Carnauba (non-cleaner) paste in the red tin. :thumbs:
Old 06-06-2003, 03:02 PM
Silver2002
Drifting

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: Liquid Glass (DsC5)

Liquid Glass Ultimate Auto Polish ranked 31st out of 46 waxes/polishes tested at http://www.gurureports.org. I found that their findings are pretty much dead on.
Old 06-06-2003, 08:57 PM
Killrwheels
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Re: Liquid Glass (Silver2002)

I found the Guru Report to be flawed though, and while a good contrast, it is not necessarily the best indicator. (And no thats no because my favorite wax placed less than 1st)

First they used junk yard panels (pg 6 ) that were similar in color and year. Thats far from exact, and different variables as to the previous life, weather, and atmosphere could and would bring different results. Acid rain, and other items as well as the difference in color could provide different results in some categories.

Also I have seen no scientific results that smaller more uniform beads means better finish, in fact, larger beads connect quicker and the waters weight moves it off the surface for less damage from pollutants in the water that might dry onto your finish. But this is a personal opinion, based on the different beading of even freshly waxed finishes.

I am not trying to knock anyone, and I would suggest you try Liquid Glass and see for yourself. Each finish is subjective to the owner, and your taste will vary. I would suggest Klasse All-in-One over it, but it certainly costs more, and that is a subjective issue also.

I prefer Pinnacle because of the end result, the wet glossy look that nobody else has provided in our high humidity climate. Did it place 1st, nope, last, nope. But reading the guru reports they suggest for a quick and super finish "pizzazz" ( pg 52) , to do a quick coat of Soveran, and I dont even use that as a selling point ! I based this on my personal results, of using about half of these over the last 10 years, based on my personal preferences. :rant:
Old 06-07-2003, 12:29 AM
IMXCITD
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 307 Likes on 290 Posts

I have used LG for many years with great results. Easy to use and durable. :)
Old 06-07-2003, 01:55 AM
Z Factor
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Liquid Glass (Killrwheels)

So what were their top 3?
Old 06-07-2003, 10:26 AM
Killrwheels
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Re: Liquid Glass (Z Factor)

So what were their top 3?
Zaino , P21S, Klasse, Armor All, and Pinnacle Soveran (paste) all in top 5.
Old 06-07-2003, 10:41 AM
ketch
Advanced

Default Re: Liquid Glass (Killrwheels)

I agree with you, very poor testing protocal, more individual subjective testing, not scientific at all.

We have to submit our formulations and product to the companies that we manfacturer these type of products.

They are subjected to a very strict test protocal, the average test contains 6 pages of criteria, and the testing take place over a 3 month to one year test cycle.

Each product is applied to 6 different panels, each with different clears used by the plants, 4 with OEM material, two with approved refinish materials.

Xeon gas test, natural UV long term exporsure, salt spray, acid contamination, etc.

As in any engineering driven testing, all are pushed to failure.

It then becomes a matter of which one went the longest before failure, how well did it protect the surface from damage, and what readings are produced by a "gloss meter".

Not subjective at all, but true prove out of a product.

Ketch :flag
Old 06-10-2003, 04:10 PM
stinger95
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

I've used it for years and love it! As far as the store boughten waxes/polishes, I think it's the best out there. But hey, I'm just another guy with an opinion. You won't be unhappy with it that's for sure. By the way, I just gave in to all the hype and bought some Zaino. I'll be putting it on today, then I'll see if it lives up to it's claims. :cheers:
Old 06-14-2003, 01:26 AM
VETFVER
Burning Brakes

I have both Zaino and Liquid Glass and a few more beauty aids for cars on my shelf. I still can decern a difference in shine between the two. All I know is that Zaino attracts dust where Liquid Glass did not. I have tried mixing the two together but prefer Liquid Glass as a base coat and Zaino on top. Not seeing or feeling much difference between the two, Liquid Glass wins my vote. The one thing I like about it is that I don't have to add anything to make it work.

:party:
Old 06-14-2003, 10:58 PM
sindows98
Racer

Default Re: Liquid Glass (VETFVER)

Liquid glass is great, I cant find it anymore what store has it??

I use a few coats of Liquid and then a coat or 2 of 3M show car polish RESULTS ARE SWEET
Old 06-17-2003, 12:43 PM
rwd
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Liquid Glass (sindows98)

I got some at Wal-Mart.

I used Gold Class, but it attracted too much dust and couldn't be layered. For my car and the way I use it, anything that attracts dust is not viable.

I haven't had that problem with Liquid Glass, and the shine is indistinguishable from Gold Class on my car.
Old 06-25-2003, 06:23 PM
TeeJay
Pro

I've used LG for several years but have also applied Klasse a couple of times, both do a great job for me. At some point I will include Zaino in the camparison and expect to be pleased as well - I'm not much for the whole "brand loyalty" thing other than with the car itself.

Get notified of new replies

To Liquid Glass

Quick Reply: Liquid Glass