Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Zaino is a good wax..but it takes sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Old 09-14-2003, 10:24 AM
69mako
Race Director

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Zaino is a good wax..but it takes sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ng to put on :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wash, clay bar, wax..let it dry...wax...let it dry :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

I think I have found something I like better.....The new Rain-X wax products....it does put out one hell of a shine!!!!...and the water beads are monstrous!!!! :eek: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

I'v tried the Rain-X wax on my wifes Camery....I reallly like the results. I'm going to try it on the hood of the Vette in the next few weeks...I'll let you know the results
Old 09-14-2003, 11:12 AM
Killrwheels
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Re: Zaino is a good wax..but it takes sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (69mako)

Might wanna try Pinnacle ..... Looks better than Rain-X and comes of wet, meaning no looooooooooooooooooooooooog drying time. In Zaino's defense, you can buy their addiative ZFX to speed up curing.
Old 09-14-2003, 12:12 PM
Kevin V
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Zaino is a good wax..but it takes sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (Killrwheels)

The surface prep is the most time consuming, BUT, it is NOT a Zaino thing, it should be done the first time regardless of what product you plan to use. My son is really fast, he can apply 3 coats, with ZFX of course, in about an hour and a half. That doesn't sound very time consuming.
Old 09-14-2003, 07:54 PM
KLO
Safety Car

Default Re: Zaino is a good wax..but it takes sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (69mako)

Once you learn how to put the Zaino coats on thin you will not have any problems with them drying, all of my coats dry in 10 or 15 min. Remember these things:

Rub the Zaino into the paint using even strokes, even coverage
Apply thin coats
Get at least 15 to 20 coats per 8 ounces
and I tell my customers that after you apply Zaino while it is drying, if you can not see the polish coat on the paint from about 20 feet away then you did it correctly....
Old 09-14-2003, 08:41 PM
DSTJ99
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Zaino is a good wax..but it takes sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (KLO)

KLO,

I got my stuff this weekend. Thanks for the fast shipping. Hopefully we will have some steady weather this week so I can clean her up this weekend. :thumbs:
Old 09-14-2003, 09:43 PM
KLO
Safety Car

Default Re: Zaino is a good wax..but it takes sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (DSTJ99)

Let me and every one know who you like the DF towels, I think they are outstanding, as a matter of fact I used one today at a car show in the direct sun using Z-6 and achieved a perfect finish, I got a first place AND best of show award.......
Old 09-14-2003, 10:01 PM
GaryZ06
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Zaino is a good wax..but it takes sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (KLO)

I can put on Zaino(Z2 or Z5) with ZFX on and off in 30 minutes....no problem.
Old 09-15-2003, 06:39 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

Default Re: Zaino is a good wax..but it takes sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (GaryZ06)

:iagree: use ZFX, faster and even shines wetter.
Old 09-16-2003, 08:53 AM
HOCKEY
Melting Slicks

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts

Default Re: Zaino is a good wax..but it takes sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (Redshark6974)

ZFX
Old 09-18-2003, 03:15 PM
fidelfs
Intermediate

Wash, clay bar, wax..let it dry...wax...let it dry :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

I think I have found something I like better.....The new Rain-X wax products....it does put out one hell of a shine!!!!...and the water beads are monstrous!!!! :eek: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

I'v tried the Rain-X wax on my wifes Camery....I reallly like the results. I'm going to try it on the hood of the Vette in the next few weeks...I'll let you know the results
Try carnauba wax and vanilla moose better shine than Zaino less time but durability is an issue. Only last 4 - 8 weeks.

http://www.clearkote.com
:party:
Old 09-24-2003, 01:57 AM
eddie44
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03

Yeah, but with results like this who cares!

This is straight into the hood.
:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

[Modified by eddie44, 11:57 PM 9/23/2003]
Old 09-27-2003, 03:57 AM
TheDarkKnight
Burning Brakes

Tell me ... you don't do this every time you do your car, right?
Old 10-06-2003, 10:37 PM
VolFan615
Yellow C3/C5
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05-'06
Default Re: Zaino is a good wax..but it takes sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (Kevin V)

The surface prep is the most time consuming, BUT, it is NOT a Zaino thing, it should be done the first time regardless of what product you plan to use. My son is really fast, he can apply 3 coats, with ZFX of course, in about an hour and a half. That doesn't sound very time consuming.
:iagree: Zaino doesn't take longer than anything else. ZFX is the key for those of use that don't know how to put on a thin coat.
Old 10-08-2003, 03:22 AM
Mystic '95
Race Director

Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Zaino is a good wax..but it takes sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (Killrwheels)

In Zaino's defense, you can buy their addiative ZFX to speed up curing.
ZFX screws up my beer drinking time.. Way too fast curing, no time to drink.. :crazy: I may have to go back to the old Zaino so I can get down to some serious drinking with my neighbor buds.. :banghead:
Old 10-09-2003, 03:50 PM
denali
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

Man you Zaino guys are NUTS :rolleyes: :mad :confused: :D :eek: :cool: :cheers: :smash: :crazy: :yesnod: :lol: :) :blueangel: :jester :conehead :hat :p: :troll :U :seeya :chevy :rant: :rant: :skep: :steering: :iagree: :thumbs: :lurk: :sad: :nonod: :flag :nono: :cuss :nopity :spam :reddevil :bs :bb :sleep: :( ;) :cry :yawn: :withstupid: :rofl: :leaving: :banghead: :hurray: :lolg: :_dupe: JUST KIDDING

[Modified by denali, 2:52 PM 10/9/2003]
Old 10-12-2003, 10:50 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Default Re: Zaino is a good wax..but it takes sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (denali)

I find Zaino to be the easiest product to use. First, forget about putting on Z5, then Z6, then Z2 then more Z6.....

As with any product, the first time you use it, wash with Dawn and clay (as someone above said, this should be done before using any wax). Then put on a coat a Z2. With our without ZFX I find it dries pretty quick. Then buff it out. Also, you don't have to worry about getting it on black plasic - I actually use it on that on my other vehicles.

Now, you are done for six months. Feel better?

Get notified of new replies

To Zaino is a good wax..but it takes sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Zaino is a good wax..but it takes sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo