Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Report: Meguiar's NXT polish

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 08:55 PM
Alex D
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Report: Meguiar's NXT polish

Okay, I have been a die hard Zaino apostle since 1997. It has been the only polish I have used on my cars since then. Period.

With all the hype about Meguiar's NXT polish, I ordered a set of polish, spray and wash a couple of months ago directly from Meguiar's. Today the weather was just right and I did my second "Dawn wash" since I took the Vette home in January. The weather was good enough to do a full detail and spend a whole day on the car. Don't you just love it !!! Wife was in town too :D Yeah !!!

I have lots of experience with Zaino products since 1997 and always liked their stuff. However lately (in the past two years) their Z5 (the only stuff I used for polish) has become inconsistent. The formulationhas obviously been changed many times and Z5 has had quite a few different consitencies and behavior depending on how it was formulated. This to the point that I have returned three bottles of Z5 on different occasions because I was so unhappy with it. Sal, as always with absolutely top notch custome service, replaced these without any problems.

Anyway, I washed the Vette with Dawn today for the second time since I bought it and applied NXT in the bright sun after that with the foam pad supplied. Then I polished it off just like I used to polish Z5 off. Here's my take on Meguiar's NXT. It does go on and off exactly like Zaino Z5 when Z5 was in its best formulation. Applying NXT with the foam pad is easier than Z5 with Zaino's cotton pads and you will use much less product since tha foam pad does not absorb gobs of the stuff like the cotton pad. Meguiar's NXT dries just as fast as Z5 and polishes off quite a bit easier than Z5. I was surprised. Meguiar's NXT does have the same light streaking (only visible in bright direct sunlight) when polished off that Zaino Z5 always had when I used it. The thing I am now going to watch is longevity. Zaino held up excellent even after many car washes (with Z7 of course). I am curious how NXT will hold up after the car is being washed with the NXT car wash. If NXT holds up as well as Zaino Z5, it is the clear winner in my opinion. Why? Because NXT is widely available in stores, it is much cheaper than Z5 and the NXT wash and spray polish are also much cheaper than Zaino Z7 and Z6.

It seems to me that after all these years I have found something that will replace Zaino Z5, Z6 and Z7 for me. NXT is cheaper, polishes off easier, I assume it will be more consistent than Z5 has been and the car wash and spray polish are cheaper. Lastly it will be available in all local stores soon.

Zaino's shipping at $9 is just way too high. Period. Sal should offer free shipping with the prices he has on his stuff.

P.S. there is still nothing that comes even close to Zaino Z10 leather in a Bottle for interior leather. Period.

[Modified by Alex D, 8:21 PM 4/4/2004]
Old 04-04-2004, 08:58 PM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Default Re: Report: Meguiar's NXT polish (Alex D)

:withstupid: I used one coat and was shocked :eek: It even makes yellow look wet.
Old 04-04-2004, 09:00 PM
yelloyello
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CI 6-7, 9-10 Veteran

I have used it and love it!!! I applied it last week and washed the car yesterday. Still a great shine!!!! :seeya
Old 04-04-2004, 09:04 PM
Bob50th
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used the NXT on my Wifes truck first and it went on and off easy, less streaking and a comparable wet look. If it continues to hold up I will use up t he last of my Zaino and switch to NXT for all the reasons you stated. Time will tell.
leather in a bottle has no peer at this point :thumbs:
Old 04-04-2004, 09:10 PM
Alex D
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Report: Meguiar's NXT polish (Bob50th)

Seems like people with Zaino experinec are finding similar results as I have........thank you for your posts !!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Get notified of new replies

To Report: Meguiar's NXT polish

Quick Reply: Report: Meguiar's NXT polish