Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

My weekend with NXT (kinda long)

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 12:45 PM
BLKBLUR
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My weekend with NXT (kinda long)

Well, I spent six hours on Saturday washing and waxing. I also used Scratch X to remove some scratches.

First, let me say I have used nothing but Zaino on my Vette since new (and it's black). Z2 and Z5 with lots of Z6. I believe Zaino has done a great job of making my car look great. First application is a pain, but well worth the work. My only problem is getting Zaino--more on that later.

I used the Scratch X on the hood and hatch area where I had visible scratches and some water spots. After that, I waxed the entire car in sections with NXT. I felt the Scratch X was hard to get off. The NXT was very easy going on, and came off easy. End result--less scratches, and NO water spots! With Zaino, I would have to wax a few times to remove water spots. The Scratch X/NXT combo removed ALL of them. I was impressed.

What I don't like about NXT is that you have to wax in the shade. Zaino can be put on the the sun or shade. I had to keep moving the car into the shade. I'm not sure if I put too much NXT on at times, sometimes getting it off were harder than others. That's just a learning curve. Also, with Zaino, you can leave the product on at length with no harm. Can that be done with NXT? I'm not sure, any help on this one?

As far as the shine--Is it better? I'm not sure. At times/angles, it does look better. Is it deeper/wetter? Again, not sure. I asked my girlfriend what she thought. At that point it was getting dark and overcast. She thought it looked better with Zaino, but I'm not sure if her assessment was fair. The test for me will be how it holds up. I like that I can go down to Target/Pep Boys/Walmart and buy it. And at $15 yet!

Will I switch from Zaino to NXT? I think I'll wait to answer. I would like to see how long it lasts, how easy bugs come off, and how it protects from bird crap. Now, we all know nothing protects totally from birds. It depends on the bird, what it ate, and how long it sits on the car.

At this point, I'd say both products very close to being equal. If Zaino was available from a store, I probably WOULD NOT switch. The whole mail order thing is a pain, plus 8 bucks for shipping--half of the cost of a bottle of NXT. Granted, I buy Zaino (except for Z6) every two years. Which, by the way, is part of this whole NXT thing. I need more Z2 and Z5. It would cost close to $30 to get both with shipping--two bottles of NXT.

So, long and short. I like NXT. I like Zaino. If I could wax with NXT in the sun (it says you can, but the car must be cool to the touch) and if I could leave it on for hours like Zaino, I think I could be swayed. The deciding factor for me will be how it holds up and protects.

Just thought you'd like to know--wax on :cheers:
Old 04-19-2004, 05:26 PM
C5corvetteman
Safety Car

Default Re: My weekend with NXT (Y2K2C5)

Proof is in the pics, one coat of Scratch X, two coats of Deep Crystal, one coat of NXT.

The time on the watch is 12:35. The spots are from the angle I took the pic with my flash, but you can see the clear finish of the trees, clouds, and sky.

:steering: :auto: :steering: :auto: :steering: :auto: :steering: :auto:
Old 04-19-2004, 09:00 PM
J Z06
Team Owner

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default My weekend with NXT

:cool: :thumbs:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=801367
Old 04-19-2004, 10:31 PM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: My weekend with NXT (Y2K2C5)

Y2K2C5, now try a thin coat of booster wax and see if the shine is even better, and smoother.
Old 04-20-2004, 09:08 AM
BLKBLUR
Racer

Default Re: My weekend with NXT (65Z01)

You know, I saw the booster wax and thought it was like Z6, but I think it may be better. Can you use the booster wax like Z6? Meaning, before and after to "boost" the shine? I think that's also a good buy at 6 or 7 bucks.

Guess I'll be going back and buying some of that after I run out of Z6, if not sooner :yesnod:

[Modified by Y2K2C5, 9:09 AM 4/20/2004]

Get notified of new replies

To My weekend with NXT (kinda long)

Quick Reply: My weekend with NXT (kinda long)