Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Where's best place/price for Fieldcrest Charismas and Royal Velvet towels???

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 12:25 PM
vvv90
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Where's best place/price for Fieldcrest Charismas and Royal Velvet towels???

Title says it all

:
Old 06-24-2004, 01:03 PM
Silver2002
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: Where's best place/price for Fieldcrest Charismas and Royal Velvet towels??? (vvv90)

Cannon/Fieldcrest is no longer in business, so you will have to look at outlets and overstock sales to find them now.
Old 06-24-2004, 10:47 PM
KLO
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Where's best place/price for Fieldcrest Charismas and Royal Velvet towels??? (vvv90)

Fieldcrest/Cannon (partent company was Pillowtex) filed Chapter 7 on July 31st 2003, the best towel still on the market and what I have switched to for my towel production business is made by WestPoint and is called the Martex Atlier, it is also a Supima cotton towel which is the same cotton as the Charismas where made from and what made them so special.
Old 06-25-2004, 06:13 AM
gwanghoops
Instructor

Default Re: Where's best place/price for Fieldcrest Charismas and Royal Velvet towels??? (KLO)

did you check out Amazon's user reviews for the Martex Atelier towels? Really negative about pilling and lint.

Geoffrey
Old 06-25-2004, 07:10 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,767 Likes on 969 Posts

Default Re: Where's best place/price for Fieldcrest Charismas and Royal Velvet towels??? (gwanghoops)

I have been using some of the Martex Atelier towels, while not as good as the Cannon/Fieldcrest Chrisima, they are pretty good towels compared to what is out there now, I have noticed no more lint than Chrisma (once washed several times) and no pulling problems.
Old 06-25-2004, 07:31 AM
Killrwheels
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

http://secure.linensource.com/defaul...Charisma%c2%ae

Ive ordered from them before with good quick service. Colors are getting slim, since no more are made.
Old 06-25-2004, 09:22 AM
KLO
Safety Car

I have not had any pilling problems with the Westpoint towels (I worked for a textile company for 3 years) and I have been wiping on cars since 1984 and any towel from time to time will loose a fiber here and there on the surface, but of course it will blow right off as soon as the car is driven. I sew by hand all the towels that I make, I have probably sewn over 2,000 towels myself and I can tell you that the WestPoint towels actually sew better than the Charisma towel and my binded edges that I sew on hold better on the WP towels so I am very happy with them.
Old 06-27-2004, 02:41 PM
ZaneO
Safety Car

Received 28 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: Where's best place/price for Fieldcrest Charismas and Royal Velvet towels??? (KLO)

You might take a look at http://www.pakshak.com - these are high quality towels for any purpose around a car or the house.
Old 06-27-2004, 07:30 PM
Waynestowels
Instructor

You can find them on clearance, if you are lucky, at Big Lots(I found some there a couple of months ago.
If you are set on cotton, try the DFTowels, they are cottom microfiber and very soft

Get notified of new replies

To Where's best place/price for Fieldcrest Charismas and Royal Velvet towels???

Quick Reply: Where's best place/price for Fieldcrest Charismas and Royal Velvet towels???