Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Best product to clean( and keep) chrome wheels clean

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 05:21 PM
FATICAZ2
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best product to clean( and keep) chrome wheels clean

What product do you use to clean chrome wheels.I've also heard that using windex on chrome rims keeps the brake dust from sticking on them.
Any ideas( that have worked for you), would be appreciated.
Old 08-17-2004, 05:34 PM
ZRWON
Melting Slicks

I started using NOVUS http://www.noscratch.com/novus/index.shtml
got it from a plastic supply store. I'm using the #1 and a start bottle of 8oz would have been enuff to get a good test. I got the 64 oz bottle...way too much. It's silicon and my painter friend says don't use it on the painted body because it's a bear if he has to paint my car: big increase in prep time.
I've used it on glass top, chrome, door handles, windows, mirrors, etc and you can't believe the depth of the reflection. Put it on a polished '84 alum air intake and all was amazed at how much it improved. Paid about $13 for the 64 oz size and think the 8 oz is about $5. Some guy here on CF used it on his Black car and posted pictures a few weeks ago.WOW!!! Wife says next aplication is house windows and mirrors (should never have shown her results on the Vette).
Old 08-18-2004, 06:06 PM
Killrwheels
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Klasse All-In-One .... its a sealant as well as a cleaner and can handle the higher temps of wheels. http://www.autogeek.net/klasseallinone.html
Old 08-18-2004, 07:40 PM
MaSTeRofDZaSTeR
Drifting

Location: "Drive like Hell, you'll get there faster." Tucson AZ
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FATICAZ2
What product do you use to clean chrome wheels.I've also heard that using windex on chrome rims keeps the brake dust from sticking on them.
Any ideas( that have worked for you), would be appreciated.
I never heard about th windex, but as long as it doesn't melt the chrome coating, that sounds like a good idea. I actually have used many chrome cleaner/shiner products, but I have to say, the one I like the best is the eagle 1 chrome cleaner in the tin can,(forgot what it's called), but it involves no liquid. It's like a cotton/wax compound that gets rid of brake dust in seconds. One wipe and the compund is usually black from all the crap on the wheels, but keeps em shining as good as any product I've used without all that liquid crap all over the place.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:31 AM
99RagTopp
Intermediate

For cleaning, I use Eimann Fabrik Tire Cleaner then put a coat of Wheel Wax on. Keeps my chrome wheels easy to clean, and shine is great. I've not found anything that will keep brake dust from sticking, but Wheel Wax will making them easier to clean.
Old 08-25-2004, 12:50 PM
COMMANDER370
Burning Brakes

Try RejeX.works great on my wheels.
Old 08-28-2004, 02:15 AM
MACSZ06
Intermediate

Default Zano works great

Use Zano it works great and the dust wont stick.

Get notified of new replies

To Best product to clean( and keep) chrome wheels clean

Quick Reply: Best product to clean( and keep) chrome wheels clean