Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Rejex wax comparison (pics) Dail up Beware

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 09:30 PM
Justardnck
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have brought this thread back up to the top to give you guys an update on the durability of my rejex wax job.

I used to wax my vette with Zymol about every 2 weeks and I would use a spray detailer several times a week to keep it looking good.

Ever since the start of this thread I have done NOTHING to my vette except wash it... it still looks just waxed. Sunday 1/23/05 I rewaxed my car using Rejex just to see if it would look better wondering if the Rejex needed to be reapplied... IT DIDN'T! The water was still beeding up on it but I figured what the heck I would reapply the Rejex.

I am here to tell you... after around 2 months of nothing but washes (poss 2-3 a week) for the past 2 months and the Rejex was still holding up solid. I live on dirt roads and I do drive my vette in the rain, I have put this Rejex through the harshest conditions I could and it has passed with FLYING COLORS!

One thing you do need to know... The Rejex does not resist dirt, dust and road grime any better than other wax, like Rejex advertises. Rejex does however hold up better than any other wax I have used in the past and I feel it is worth the money. You will get a wet look shine out of the finish and it does hold up so I feel it looks better than other waxes as well.

This is my opinion and I wanted to share it with my brother and sister forum members. I have received nothing for providing you with this review other than discovering a fantastic wax for my car.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:34 AM
jabez
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I use Rejex only on my C6 and quite happy with it.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:24 AM
mitymek
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmm,if rejex is tough to get off you waited to long or put it on to thick maybe.it should wipe right off with one swipe.temp of car may have been high too,sould be cool to the touch.
2 things i found with it is catching the drying of it just right to remove,then its simple.and also allowing for an overnight cure makes a difference in how long it stays put.
anything you use you should ensure its not silicone based or has any silicone or sili anythings in it.
the reason for this is in case it ever gets damaged and needs repair you could have problems with the silicates seeping into the plastic and giving your painter fits dealing with it.
rejex is one of the clean products.it also does the glass nice and any black plastic parts too.
another advantage is it kills static electricity which helps a bunch keeping dust off.also-bugs dont stick.
i love the stuff
Old 01-25-2005, 07:59 AM
Sleper
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for takeing the time to do the comparison. Information is excellent. Thanks
Old 01-25-2005, 08:40 AM
LT1Vetteguy78
Drifting

Originally Posted by Justardnck
I have brought this thread back up to the top to give you guys an update on the durability of my rejex wax job.

I used to wax my vette with Zymol about every 2 weeks and I would use a spray detailer several times a week to keep it looking good.

Ever since the start of this thread I have done NOTHING to my vette except wash it... it still looks just waxed. Sunday 1/23/05 I rewaxed my car using Rejex just to see if it would look better wondering if the Rejex needed to be reapplied... IT DIDN'T! The water was still beeding up on it but I figured what the heck I would reapply the Rejex.

I am here to tell you... after around 2 months of nothing but washes (poss 2-3 a week) for the past 2 months and the Rejex was still holding up solid. I live on dirt roads and I do drive my vette in the rain, I have put this Rejex through the harshest conditions I could and it has passed with FLYING COLORS!

One thing you do need to know... The Rejex does not resist dirt, dust and road grime any better than other wax, like Rejex advertises. Rejex does however hold up better than any other wax I have used in the past and I feel it is worth the money. You will get a wet look shine out of the finish and it does hold up so I feel it looks better than other waxes as well.

This is my opinion and I wanted to share it with my brother and sister forum members. I have received nothing for providing you with this review other than discovering a fantastic wax for my car.
I agree,

I even got caught in the short rain shower coming home from work(about a 10 minute drive), when i got home my car was completely dry, i took pictures and posted on the board awhile back....Rejex is the best detail product i have ever used....
Old 01-25-2005, 10:47 AM
oldace84
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '04 & '05

Looking Hot!
Congrat's.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:26 AM
Midnight 85
Le Mans Master

Received 53 Likes on 31 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified

Thanks to Justardnck for the info on Rejex. You did a lot of hard work for us and I really appreciate it. I now know I'm glad I bought the Rejex especially after hearing how long it lasts. BTW, that is one beautiful Vette you have there.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:34 PM
Justardnck
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the comments and input. Changing car polish is hard because you never know what you are gona get.

Originally when I applied the Rejex I was unimpressed but here it is several months later and it looks as good as the day I put it on. I would have to guess I have washed this car atleast 25 times and the water still beeds up and always looks good... NOW I AM SOLD.

My truck also has Rejex on it and I don't wash it as often but I put that paint through some brutal stuff and after a wash it looks just waxed.

Rejex has my vote.

I would like to hear from some people who use Zaino... how long does it last?
Old 01-25-2005, 11:12 PM
jabez
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I found ReJex easy on and easy off. Thin layer then wipes right off. Let cure for 24 hours and add another layer. Had it on my car for two months and just used detailer spray once or twice since then. I'm happy with the results.
Took this pic yesterday and still shines.

Get notified of new replies

To Rejex wax comparison (pics) Dail up Beware

Quick Reply: Rejex wax comparison (pics) Dail up Beware