Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Test and Tune event today

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 09:10 PM
CoolBlueC6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Test and Tune event today

Our region had an auto-x test and tune today. The format was, work 1 hour, lunch for 1 hour, drive as much as you want for 5 hours!! Needless to say, I am a tad bit tired

Last week, the top Miata's on R compound were beating me by 2 -2.3 seconds. Like it our not, the Miata is a fantastic auto-x car! I co-own a 93 with LSD. This week, that changed.

Here is the difference:

Billstein shocks
Car lowered 2 cm all the way around
Negative camber to the max setting within spec
A lot more seat time and getting used to the car

My car is a base car with Z51 sways, the Billsteins, base springs, and Z51 brakes. I am still running on my F1 GS2 runcraps. These tires are awefull.

This week, I was beating a lot of those same cars by .4 - .5. My best time today in my Vette was 23.075. My best time in my Miata was 24.2xx. R compound tires must make 1 he!! of a difference on the C6. I just hate to go to 18" rears.

This car is an absolute blast, BTW.

Anyone want to chime in on the differences they have seen with various tires on their C6s?
Old 05-22-2006, 12:55 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

On my C5 Corvette, I saw a 2-3 second improvement with Kumho V710's. on a 60 second course. I was using Kumho MX tires.

Steve

Quick Reply: Test and Tune event today