Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

waht about the new Hoosier A6 ..... well

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 10:14 AM
0Luke@tirerack
Former Vendor

Received 148 Likes on 63 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12

Default waht about the new Hoosier A6 ..... well

the news is in ....

the new Hoosier has hit the mark .... out of the box the A6 was about .7 seconds faster than the 710 on a 46.xxx second course ... the initial reports of better forward bite and turn in along with better lateral grip has made the A6 the tire to beat. The only thing still in question is how they wear on a hot course which we should find out in the coming weeks since many venues are starting to see a lot of heat
Old 05-22-2006, 10:15 AM
TedDBere
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Luke@tirerack
the news is in ....

the new Hoosier has hit the mark .... out of the box the A6 was about .7 seconds faster than the 710 on a 46.xxx second course ... the initial reports of better forward bite and turn in along with better lateral grip has made the A6 the tire to beat. The only thing still in question is how they wear on a hot course which we should find out in the coming weeks since many venues are starting to see a lot of heat
OK...what pressures?
Old 05-22-2006, 11:27 AM
69autoXr
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by TedDBere
OK...what pressures?
low....
Old 05-22-2006, 11:30 AM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

the news is in ....

Are you sure ????? I just ran them on asphalt this weekend and they didn't suck. They felt pretty good, but only made two runs on them. Two on Kumhos ,two on A6's . We had some handling issues on the crazy SM2 car. I will formulate my own data within the next couple of weeks.............I don't believe anyone elses, I've been lied to , too many times before or someone wasn't as careful as need be with their data. Hopefully Hoosier has their SHIET together this time, I'd rather run on American made tires However I will run on what is fastest..........Unfortuneatly for the next two weekend we will be using national events as test-n-tunes
Old 05-22-2006, 11:31 AM
TedDBere
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 69autoXr
low....
This weekend is my first trip out on them...having been burned on low Hoosier pressures before with cording, the inclination is to start them at about 34/30. But I've been hearing even lower than that.

I'll accept a PM from anybody with private guidance....

-2.0 and -1.5 if it matters....
Old 05-22-2006, 12:55 PM
talon95
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the news is in ....

On what car?

Dave G.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:45 PM
0ATI Performance
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the news is in ....

What type of surface?

What ambient and track temperatures?

What tire pressures?

Bob
Old 05-22-2006, 01:55 PM
tigerdrvr
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd really like some substantive data...so far, I'm really liking the idea of running a set of the A6's. Yeah, they're American, which is a good thing, but they also are much better sizes for the Z06 in SS

Get notified of new replies

To waht about the new Hoosier A6 ..... well

Quick Reply: waht about the new Hoosier A6 ..... well