Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TWS this weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 10:14 AM
RedHotBolt
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TWS this weekend!

Anyone else going to be there? I will be staying at the track in the Pace Arrow. Stop by and say hi.

J
Old 06-02-2006, 11:25 AM
yellow01
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got done bleeding brakes! Packing up now - should leave by Dallas by 1pm.

See you there!!
Old 06-02-2006, 12:09 PM
C6400hp
Safety Car

Location: DFW This user does not support or recommend the product or service displayed in the ad to the right
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Getting ready to head out now. #82 white C6. See you guys there
Old 06-03-2006, 11:59 PM
C6400hp
Safety Car

Location: DFW This user does not support or recommend the product or service displayed in the ad to the right

Nice to meet you today Redhotbolt. Man, that track is alot of fun! Fast too!
Old 06-04-2006, 04:21 PM
RyanZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C6400hp
Nice to meet you today Redhotbolt. Man, that track is alot of fun! Fast too!
I missed this thread. I was in the Red FRC w/ black CCW corsairs in the red run group. Sorry I didnt meet some of you...

Red Hot bOlt - Do you have the orange C6 w/ the "LG" stickers on the side?

I saw many nice vettes this weekend, I didnt get passed by many though , infact, the only guy passing me was John Page in his black/black C6 Z06
Old 06-04-2006, 06:56 PM
C6400hp
Safety Car

Originally Posted by RyanZ06
I missed this thread. I was in the Red FRC w/ black CCW corsairs in the red run group. Sorry I didnt meet some of you...

Red Hot bOlt - Do you have the orange C6 w/ the "LG" stickers on the side?

I saw many nice vettes this weekend, I didnt get passed by many though , infact, the only guy passing me was John Page in his black/black C6 Z06
It was good to meet you, I was parked right next to you White C6 with CCW corsairs. I think they bumped me to red run group so maybe I can try and chase you down next time. Redhotbolt was driving the white C6 with black
C5Z06 wheels and was over in the garage. Fun weekend. Special thanks to SW, John, and their families for all their hospitality. We had a great time! Hope to see you all again soon.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:51 PM
yellow01
Le Mans Master

Darn guys I missed talking to both of you.

I saw Ryan on track (watching from pit), well, for a split second as he FLEW by

I THINK I was right behind C6400hp starting out in the 2nd run group this morning, then we had traffic, stopped due to an accident and I could never get back behind you with the traffic.

I was in the red coupe garaged right across from Jerry's C6.

It was an awesome weekend. I had some really great runs. this was my first weekend on v710s... they were UNREAL. It took me a little while to trust them but WOW...

I'm planning on the July MSR... we'll see how damn hot it gets

Last edited by yellow01; 06-04-2006 at 09:19 PM.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:03 PM
yellow01
Le Mans Master

Yep I was right, that was you I was behind Wish we could have had some open track and not gotten stopped at the end of the line...

Old 06-04-2006, 11:34 PM
C6400hp
Safety Car

Yep thats me. Nice shot! Who took the pic? Was it DRP? I meant to get a CD of my pics from them but, I completely forgot. I went to their website and they did not list TDE as one of their track events? Yes this weekend was a blast and I do wish that we could have run that whole session without the accident, We had 3 vettes at the front of the field , We could have had some fun if not for all the traffic when we got restarted!

Last edited by C6400hp; 06-04-2006 at 11:39 PM.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:59 PM
RyanZ06
Burning Brakes

Too bad I didnt get to meet you guys, except C6400hp, I'll be out there again i'm sure. Just look for the only "kid" driving a vette

Glad you guys had fun and kept it off the wall! See you guys out there again hopefully.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:30 AM
RyanZ06
Burning Brakes

Here are some pix I found from this weekend..

Here is me:

Yellow01???

C6400HP:

Old 06-05-2006, 07:23 AM
yellow01
Le Mans Master

C6400hp,

Yah, that was a DRP site. They said they'd get the photos up on their website. I've got a few at the end of the straight with you then me, but it looks like that was the only place they were shooting for that session (it was so short).

I can send you what I have.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:25 AM
yellow01
Le Mans Master

Yellow01???
No, despite the name I actually drive a red coupe now (was #21A) this weekend. My first was a yellow 2001 and I had no idea the importance of selecting a forum name

What suspension are you running Ryan? I imagine it's not the stock z06 stuff. I started out with 3 fingers worth of clearance between tire and fender (best way to describe) and had to raise it mid-weekend because I was actually rubbing the fender wells.

Time for thicker bars...

Jon
Old 06-05-2006, 08:31 AM
RyanZ06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by yellow01
No, despite the name I actually drive a red coupe now (was #21A) this weekend. My first was a yellow 2001 and I had no idea the importance of selecting a forum name

What suspension are you running Ryan? I imagine it's not the stock z06 stuff. I started out with 3 fingers worth of clearance between tire and fender (best way to describe) and had to raise it mid-weekend because I was actually rubbing the fender wells.

Time for thicker bars...

Jon

That's not my car. That car has a very simple suspension set up on it, and it works well. It has T1 sway bars front and rear, Bilstein sport shocks, and a Hard bar RACE camber kit. This car is not a Z06, it is a FRC, so it only has Z51 springs (lighter spring rate than Z06)... So it could benefit from stiffer springs... but it still runs well. The car makes about 450rwhp, so I should have no problem getting it into the low 1:51-1:52 range going CCW. As my Z06 w/ 430 rwhp on hoosiers runs 1:50-1:51 out there.

I would recommend ATLEAST upgrading to the Z06 stuff on your car, if it's a daily driver, as that stuff is still very livable. On the other hand I have to say the bilsteins seem to work better than even the 04 Z06 shocks out at TWS, and the T1 sway bars are MILES ahead of Z06 sway bars. Neither of which will make the car un driveable on the street (in my opinion)
Old 06-05-2006, 09:55 AM
yellow01
Le Mans Master

I would recommend ATLEAST upgrading to the Z06 stuff on your car, if it's a daily driver, as that stuff is still very livable. On the other hand I have to say the bilsteins seem to work better than even the 04 Z06 shocks out at TWS, and the T1 sway bars are MILES ahead of Z06 sway bars. Neither of which will make the car un driveable on the street (in my opinion)
I've got Z06 springs, sways and Bilsteins. -2.3*/-1.4* camber. I think it is the z06 sways that are the weakness. I need to track down some T1.

Stock motor.

It's nice to see you post lap times, I was curious what some of them are. I turned a best 2:01 this weekend.

Who did you get to install the hardbar camber kit? I couldn't get anyone to do it here in Dallas (one of the big tuners said no)... just curious.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:09 AM
RyanZ06
Burning Brakes

I've got Z06 springs, sways and Bilsteins. -2.3*/-1.4* camber. I think it is the z06 sways that are the weakness. I need to track down some T1.

Stock motor.

It's nice to see you post lap times, I was curious what some of them are. I turned a best 2:01 this weekend.

Who did you get to install the hardbar camber kit? I couldn't get anyone to do it here in Dallas (one of the big tuners said no)... just curious.
As far as times yesterday, I think we were turning 1:54's, A friend of mine, SW, was probably running in the low 1:52 range in the Black Z06 w/ black wheels (C6).

The guy who owns that red vette actually owns a shop down here near austin. It's called www.americanracingtech.com He had one of his tech's install it. I actually gave it to him, as I planned on using it on my vette, but never got around to it. It definately helps! I was basically in a 15 degree drift around 1-2 and the car would do what ever I wanted to.

2:01 is fast man, nice work. It takes a lot of work to get down that low. Add a few more HP, and get some T1 sway bars, and you'll be down there with us man. I would definately invest in a radiator, oil cooler, and trans cooler though! With all of the above installed, I never saw above 189 water temp, and 257 oil temp. And I wasnt "driving miss daisy"
Old 06-05-2006, 10:09 AM
RyanZ06
Burning Brakes

double post! :-X

Get notified of new replies

To TWS this weekend!

Old 06-05-2006, 11:25 AM
yellow01
Le Mans Master

2:01 is fast man, nice work.
Thanks! I was consistently turning 2:04s and had a 2:02 and a 2:01, so I'm not sure if I could consistently do it yet. There are some areas I still know I could do better. This was my first on V710s, so it was taking me some time to trust them.

It was really ticking me off because I was bouncing off the rev limiter in 3rd around turn 1, a problem I never had on street tires. I never really got comfortable on when to do the 3-4 shift around 1 coming onto the straight.

I would definately invest in a radiator, oil cooler, and trans cooler though! With all of the above installed, I never saw above 189 water temp, and 257 oil temp. And I wasnt "driving miss daisy"
I've got the LG rad/oil cooler. Oil hit 265 but that's it. I'm lacking the trans cooler and it does make me nervous... it's on the list. Hell, it's only money right?

Old 06-05-2006, 12:42 PM
C6400hp
Safety Car

Thanks! I was consistently turning 2:04s and had a 2:02 and a 2:01, so I'm not sure if I could consistently do it yet. There are some areas I still know I could do better. This was my first on V710s, so it was taking me some time to trust them.

It was really ticking me off because I was bouncing off the rev limiter in 3rd around turn 1, a problem I never had on street tires. I never really got comfortable on when to do the 3-4 shift around 1 coming onto the straight.

I've got the LG rad/oil cooler. Oil hit 265 but that's it. I'm lacking the trans cooler and it does make me nervous... it's on the list. Hell, it's only money right?

Nice times, I think I was in the 2 to 2:01 range pretty consistently, no lap timer just my wife checking times occassionally. 360 WHP mostly stock C6, base springs with Z51 sways and shocks. I guess I probably need to upgrade to the Bilsteins and either T1 sways or Hotchkis when they become available. I actually like the softer base springs they seem to help in the rougher transitions. R compounds make a huge difference. I was on RA1 275 front and 305 rear. I could use more - Camber as I am only at -1.3Front and -1 Rear.Although I'm not sure I am ready to sacrifice my street tires. FWIW I would shift to 4th entering the long sweeper before the front straight. With the Ron Davis Rad/oil cooler installed by 21st CMC the highest oil temp I saw was 264 . I think the C6 tends to run a little higher oil temp than the C5. I am guessing because the C6 has less capacity. Ryan Z06 what trans cooler do you use? Does it work with the C6 base trans? Yellow01 please do send me the pics you have you can email be at bpowellais@msn.com. Thanks,

Last edited by C6400hp; 06-05-2006 at 12:54 PM.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:46 PM
forhamilton
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys, just found this thread. It was my first time at TWS and I had a blast. Started in the blue group and got bumped into the yellow. Black C6Z with stock wheels/tires (well, now the tires are gone!).

The orange C6 was Josh - Jkonkle.

What is the website for the pictures?

Quick Reply: TWS this weekend!