Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driving a Vette at top speed at the East Coast

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 01:01 PM
UncleRobb
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Driving a Vette at top speed at the East Coast

I'd like to drive my C5 Vette at top speed. That's why I recently went to this event: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1223561. However, the speed is measured after 1 mile, so I was only able to reach some 150 mph.

I have heard that there is a high speed course in North Carolina where you can run your car as fast as possible down a massive 8 lane runway. The straight-away is said to be almost 3 miles long. Unfortunately, that is all I know.

Does somebody know this track?

Thanks, Robert
Old 06-03-2006, 09:03 PM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I have never heard of any other top speed event in NC. Thanks for posting the link to the ECTA. I am going to have to give it a try before the years out.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:33 PM
94ZR1#444
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by UncleRobb
I'd like to drive my C5 Vette at top speed. That's why I recently went to this event: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1223561. However, the speed is measured after 1 mile, so I was only able to reach some 150 mph.

I have heard that there is a high speed course in North Carolina where you can run your car as fast as possible down a massive 8 lane runway. The straight-away is said to be almost 3 miles long. Unfortunately, that is all I know.

Does somebody know this track?

Thanks, Robert
ECTA has events at the Maxton-Laurenburg (sp) course off of Highway 74 in NC. It's a one mile track with a .9 mile shutdown part. Be prepared to have lots of safety eqpt if you go over 125MPH or you'll be asked to leave. Sonny_VA broke a long standing record last year.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:36 PM
UncleRobb
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 94ZR1#444
ECTA has events at the Maxton-Laurenburg (sp) course off of Highway 74 in NC. It's a one mile track with a .9 mile shutdown part. Be prepared to have lots of safety eqpt if you go over 125MPH or you'll be asked to leave. Sonny_VA broke a long standing record last year.
Did you visit the link?

What was the record?

Get notified of new replies

To Driving a Vette at top speed at the East Coast

Quick Reply: Driving a Vette at top speed at the East Coast