Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A lap around Nelson Ledges and Putnam Park Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 12:42 PM
L98Terror
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W. Detroit Events Coordinator
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VII Autocross Champ

Default A lap around Nelson Ledges and Putnam Park Raceway

Nelson Ledges

At the end of the back straight after the kink I'm going 135 and slow to about 110-115 for the right hander :icon_eek

Lap around Putnam Park

Putnam Park Raceway

This wasn't my fastest lap (I forgot to press record) but it would have been if I didn't loss it in corner 7, it caused me to be down 5 MPH at the end of that straight

My best was a 82.60 the lap before, the track record before Sunday was a 82.80 but it fell one run before mine, we had 3 cars in a class of 8 run under the track record, the track record holder was also running in my class but was only in the 84 range, he was not a happy camper

In 6 events I finished 2nd,2nd,3rd,2nd,3rd & 1st Not bad considering I had inferior tires & it was my first time there.

enjoy
Old 06-05-2006, 12:53 PM
Red Guts
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What was your best time at Nelson's?
Old 06-05-2006, 01:03 PM
L98Terror
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W. Detroit Events Coordinator
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VII Autocross Champ

Originally Posted by Red Guts

What was your best time at Nelson's?
I believe my event time was a 78.7ish but I think I would be a couple seconds faster after doing some hot laps. We'll see next time
Old 06-05-2006, 01:10 PM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Regarding you Nelson video:

Nice classic lines, you did well. The video looks earily similar to my in-car from the SCCA National win that Sunday. Was this the Corvette Cleveland event? If so, my trailer was the white TAG next to Kryderacing's trailer, which was next to the gas pumps.

Some thoughts: you can be a bit "higher" going through Oak Tree (first left hander); there is a crack in the asphalt marking where the banking levels off, be left of that. Also enter a bit more to the right.

Exiting the 1-2-3 complex you want to track all the way out onto the apron."

The Carousel: line was good, but I used 3rd gear from the entrance of Oak Tree through the exit of The Carousel. Doing so really makes a difference is throttle stearing the car and in acceratiing down the back straight.

I am not sure I am right, but these things did get me the pole and win Memorial Day weekend.

Get notified of new replies

To A lap around Nelson Ledges and Putnam Park Raceway

Quick Reply: A lap around Nelson Ledges and Putnam Park Raceway