Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hardbar seat rails for C5 and C6 now improved

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 11:43 AM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Hardbar seat rails for C5 and C6 now improved

This has been our most popular product and it is now improved even more. This seat rail kit is used by many T1 cars including the '05 T1 National champ. One of the key components is the CNC machined 316 stainless steel stud adapters. This is the newest version made on a a "Swiss machine" that is a very modern automatic screw machine in Nashua, NH. These parts are extremely precise and are made on the very machine that does parts for Starrett micrometers and Citizen watches. These new parts are superior in every way and since they are automated they cost less and that is why we are not having to raise the price of the seat rails even though the cost of aluminum and steel has gone through the roof lately. The rails and uprights exceed the FIA requirements and are CNC machined on a Haas CNC machining center. In addition, all parts are 100% made in USA. With these, you can literally have most seats (Sparco type or Nascar style Kirkey/Butlerbuilt full containment types) sit on the floor for maximum helmet clearance. As out new website is being built these are the pics of the rails that will go on the new site. They are still $300 plus shipping and are available for C4's as well and C5 and C6 and C6Z complete with all nuts, bolts washers and instructions with color pictures. They are available from Phoenix Performance in PA and now Vetteworksonline as well as us direct.

Stud adapters:

Detail of rails with adapters:

Inside view of one side rail:

Bottom view of RH rail assembly:

This is our best selling product and I thank you for all of the support.

Thanks again,
Gary Hoffman
Hardbarusa.com
603-682-8073

Last edited by ghoffman; 06-09-2006 at 03:39 PM.
Old 06-09-2006, 03:34 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Gary,

Will the frame rails work with a Brey Krause harness bar? Are the studs that come through the floor long enough to allow the B/K "foot" to be sandwiched between the floor and the stud adaptor? Or could the "foot" fit on top of the frame rail and then be held in place by the nut that holds the frame rail down?

After TCMC5's incident, I'm looking for a safer seating arrangement.
Old 06-09-2006, 03:48 PM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

Many people have used these with the BK bar. I believe that they attacted the down tube to the verticle part of the rail by adding an additional hole. I doubt the foot that they supply could be drilled out to the 14mm outside thread of this adapter. It could possibly be used if you trim the unthreaded portion of the stock stud, you could use an M10 screw (same as stock) to anchor the foot on top of the adapter using the internal threads.
Of course you could sell the BK bar and get ours and know the system works all together! Sorry, I had to say that!
BTW, TCMC5 had our complete system consisting of these rails, Hardbar, and Teamtech Jet Pilot.

Last edited by ghoffman; 06-09-2006 at 03:51 PM.
Old 06-09-2006, 03:58 PM
yellow01
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gary,

Two dumb questions -

is the $300 for one seat's worth or two.

What is the purpose of hte stud adaptors and how do they figure in? I'm just missing something obvious (i.e. why the rails don't just go over the studs already in place).

Thanks
Jon
Old 06-09-2006, 04:10 PM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by yellow01
Gary,

Two dumb questions -

is the $300 for one seat's worth or two.

What is the purpose of hte stud adaptors and how do they figure in? I'm just missing something obvious (i.e. why the rails don't just go over the studs already in place).

Thanks
Jon
There are no dumb questions (well perhaps some, but certainly not these!).

It is $300 each side.

Great question, thanks!
The stud adapters are necessary because the studs are in a "crater" in the floor due to the balsa core. The studs have steel beams under the floor but the bottom of the stud is about 3/8 below the floor level. Additionally, you can't simply add a spacer because the stud would be too short when you add the thickness of the metal plus washers, nuts, etc. If you wanted to mod the car and drill out the studs, drill holes in the floor and run up longer bolts you could, but why bother if you don't need to? I think this is cleaner.
Old 06-09-2006, 04:52 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ghoffman
BTW, TCMC5 had our complete system consisting of these rails, Hardbar, and Teamtech Jet Pilot.
Yes, he and I are good friends and we talked all about it.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:14 PM
Rolex24
Advanced

Gary,
Will these seat rails work with the Cobra Suzuka GT and/or the Ultra Shield seats?

Also, do you have any pictures of your harness bar?

Thanks
Old 06-16-2006, 08:35 PM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by Rolex24
Gary,
Will these seat rails work with the Cobra Suzuka GT and/or the Ultra Shield seats?

Also, do you have any pictures of your harness bar?

Thanks
They should as long as they are a side mount seat and they fit in the car.

I did have lots of pics but my HD crashed. I have to take some more. It is basically similar to the C5 bar but the stock seat belts are retained in the stock positions.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:53 PM
Rolex24
Advanced

Originally Posted by ghoffman
They should as long as they are a side mount seat and they fit in the car.

I did have lots of pics but my HD crashed. I have to take some more. It is basically similar to the C5 bar but the stock seat belts are retained in the stock positions.
Yeah, the Suzuka seat is a side mount....similar design to the EVO. Subdriver runs one as well as some other guys that have posted.

Do you offer a discount if I purchase the Harness bar, two seat rails and two Team Tech harnesses?

Thanks!
Old 06-16-2006, 09:03 PM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by Rolex24
Yeah, the Suzuka seat is a side mount....similar design to the EVO. Subdriver runs one as well as some other guys that have posted.

Do you offer a discount if I purchase the Harness bar, two seat rails and two Team Tech harnesses?

Thanks!
I think Chris Ingle uses the Cobra and he uses our rails.

Yes, I definitely do package deals. Knock off 10% off of priced separately.

Last edited by ghoffman; 06-16-2006 at 09:42 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Hardbar seat rails for C5 and C6 now improved

Quick Reply: Hardbar seat rails for C5 and C6 now improved