Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T56 Source or recommend rebuilder

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 08:27 AM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default T56 Source or recommend rebuilder

My FRC T56 seems to pop out of 1st and reverse regularly - not sure but I suspect the trans is tired.

Can anyone recommend a source for a new/rebuilt T56 (I seem to like the ZO6 trans ratios a little better) or someone who can build mine into a bulletproof track event monster?

thanks!
Old 06-10-2006, 10:01 AM
Z11409
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by varkwso
My FRC T56 seems to pop out of 1st and reverse regularly - not sure but I suspect the trans is tired.

Can anyone recommend a source for a new/rebuilt T56 (I seem to like the ZO6 trans ratios a little better) or someone who can build mine into a bulletproof track event monster?

thanks!
www.rsgear.com/racing.html
Old 06-10-2006, 12:07 PM
emf
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Z11409

Rockland is top notch, and what I'd recommend to anyone needing a performance or hardened tranny.
Old 06-10-2006, 02:38 PM
provette67
Le Mans Master

Received 705 Likes on 383 Posts

thanks!
RAFTRACER can hook you up.hell he can fix you up with just about anything
Old 06-10-2006, 09:03 PM
Bink
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by provette67
RAFTRACER can hook you up.hell he can fix you up with just about anything
Old 06-10-2006, 10:27 PM
Jaymz
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Rodney (RPM Transmissions) built M12 for sale. It has all of his upgrades including micropolishing. I will take $2100 + shipping with no core charge.

I used it for 1 1/2 race weekends and switched back to the M6 gearing.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:46 AM
Roadrace65
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaymz
I used it for 1 1/2 race weekends and switched back to the M6 gearing.

I'd stick with the M6 ratios.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:41 AM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thanks!
Have you had any problems with 3rd gear ??? 1st and reverse are both in the forward gate, possibly you just need a shifter housing/selector shaft adjustment. I would certainly try this before you vote with your wallet, tranmssions and installations are certainly not cheap. Additionally all pre-Z06's have rubber isolators on the shifter housing which destroy themselves and create unwanted play in the housing.
PM me and I'll give you my numbers and we can talk about what to look at and adjust before you spend your hard-earned cash.
If you do have to buy , RPM or Rockland are quality establishments. Be careful with your transmission gearing selections, some tracks better with M12 some M6...........cant be perfect everywhere. The M6 box is stacked closer .
Old 06-11-2006, 01:13 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by RAFTRACER
Have you had any problems with 3rd gear ??? 1st and reverse are both in the forward gate, possibly you just need a shifter housing/selector shaft adjustment. I would certainly try this before you vote with your wallet, tranmssions and installations are certainly not cheap. Additionally all pre-Z06's have rubber isolators on the shifter housing which destroy themselves and create unwanted play in the housing.
PM me and I'll give you my numbers and we can talk about what to look at and adjust before you spend your hard-earned cash.
If you do have to buy , RPM or Rockland are quality establishments. Be careful with your transmission gearing selections, some tracks better with M12 some M6...........cant be perfect everywhere. The M6 box is stacked closer .

Third is fine - pm sent. After a quote of $960 labor to do a clutch in my FRC - I built a wooden frame support and started the job today. Reminds me of a clutch job on my 944S actually so far...

thanks

jeff
Old 06-12-2006, 07:16 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Danny helped me "fix" my trans today. So, at the moment, I am OK on the trans!

Thanks
Old 06-12-2006, 07:23 PM
provette67
Le Mans Master

Received 705 Likes on 383 Posts

RAFTRACER is the man

Get notified of new replies

To T56 Source or recommend rebuilder

Quick Reply: T56 Source or recommend rebuilder