Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECS Speed Density tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 11:46 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Default ECS Speed Density tune

Last week ECS did a Speed Density Tune for my car (see sig for mods) and all I can say is WOW the car is great.

The car runs almost like stock now. No weird searching for the proper idle, no problems with hot starts, no surging under 1500 rpms. All in all the car is more streetable.

I now wait to see how it does at the track. I really didn't have too many issues with the old tune so I am thinking the new tune will not make much difference on the track because we are never in that low of an rpm zone, but since the car is easier to drive now I can only think that it will be smoother on the track.

Limerock is the next event so we will see.

As a small bonus though I was not looking for more hp and tq I did pick up some more. Some of the gain (I guess 5 or 6) is do to the change in gears from 4.10s to 3.73 which was needed to be competitive on the track. Here is the dyno sheet.

Old 06-12-2006, 12:53 PM
Maineiac
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06

Originally Posted by Wicked Weasel

So it's a go?
Old 06-12-2006, 01:20 PM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Originally Posted by Maineiac
So it's a go?

I am deciding tonight, but I am not going to Pocono this weekend so it looks good.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:28 PM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last week ECS did a Speed Density Tune for my car (see sig for mods) and all I can say is WOW the car is great.

The car runs almost like stock now. No weird searching for the proper idle, no problems with hot starts, no surging under 1500 rpms. All in all the car is more streetable.

I now wait to see how it does at the track. I really didn't have too many issues with the old tune so I am thinking the new tune will not make much difference on the track because we are never in that low of an rpm zone, but since the car is easier to drive now I can only think that it will be smoother on the track.

As a small bonus though I was not looking for more hp and tq I did pick up some more. Some of the gain (I guess 5 or 6) is do to the change in gears from 4.10s to 3.73 which was needed to be competitive on the track. Here is the dyno sheet.

very curious...did they completely remove the MAF or just disconnect it? I have always heard that speed density was better for modding, but the MAF supposedly gets better mileage. Can any remember the reason why most manufacturer's swtiched from Density to MAF in the late 80's?
Old 06-12-2006, 02:00 PM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Originally Posted by 95jersey
very curious...did they completely remove the MAF or just disconnect it? I have always heard that speed density was better for modding, but the MAF supposedly gets better mileage. Can any remember the reason why most manufacturer's swtiched from Density to MAF in the late 80's?

MAF is gone. I have not tested the mileage yet. I think this weekend I might see what type of MPG I am getting now.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:27 PM
Bad Machine
Melting Slicks

Location: Rude, Loud and Aggressive! ECS Twisted Racing, "How fast do ya wanna go?"

MAF is gone. I have not tested the mileage yet. I think this weekend I might see what type of MPG I am getting now.
Saw Bob's car idle yesterday, if it was't for the exhaust lope you would think it was stock!
Old 06-12-2006, 02:41 PM
Maineiac
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06

I am deciding tonight, but I am not going to Pocono this weekend so it looks good.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:47 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

MAP should equal MAF if tuned individually.

The MAF sensor makes up for differences in volumetric efficiency and other variables in production engines.

If you would build a motor exactly, one right after another, and I mean exact down to the nth degree and tune that one motor you shouldn't see too many differences.

Get notified of new replies

To ECS Speed Density tune

Quick Reply: ECS Speed Density tune