Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Racecal" adhesive covering to protect paint

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 06:02 PM
GreekPT
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default "Racecal" adhesive covering to protect paint

I did an HPDE and was give a big yellow "dot" to stick on the back of my car to signify passing rules. 3 days later, that dot peeled right off with no adhesive left on the car. I noticed the paper backing said "Racecal" on it but I've not had any luck finding a source for it. This stuff seems ideal for the usual areas I slather the blue painter's tape.

I discussed with another tracking cohort the KMart shelf paper technique discussed on here in another post but I'm concerned that 3 days in 95+ degree blazing heat/sun will leave a mess on my car when I peel it off. Can anyone attest to this NOT being the case?

Anyone know about this Racecal stuff or where to get it??

Thanks,
Phil
Old 06-13-2006, 06:08 PM
Z11409
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GreekPT
I did an HPDE and was give a big yellow "dot" to stick on the back of my car to signify passing rules. 3 days later, that dot peeled right off with no adhesive left on the car. I noticed the paper backing said "Racecal" on it but I've not had any luck finding a source for it. This stuff seems ideal for the usual areas I slather the blue painter's tape.

I discussed with another tracking cohort the KMart shelf paper technique discussed on here in another post but I'm concerned that 3 days in 95+ degree blazing heat/sun will leave a mess on my car when I peel it off. Can anyone attest to this NOT being the case?

Anyone know about this Racecal stuff or where to get it??

Thanks,
Phil
Use Pro Gaffers tape-leaves no residue
Old 06-13-2006, 07:42 PM
GreekPT
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm using the blue Painter's tape, which leaves no residue but it's a pain in the a$$ to apply all those many strips. Is the Pro Gaffers much wider? Available at a hardward store or ??

Thx.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:53 PM
YorkL8apex
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also try "Repositionable Bumper Stickers" from Office Max. About $10 for 6 8.5X11 sheets you can print on, apply, and remove.

I've used them on 3 day race weekends on glass and paint with no probs
Old 06-13-2006, 09:37 PM
MazdaratiRob
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RaceCals is a company in Hickory, NC that does anything from plain numbers to full trailer wraps. They can design decals or use your artwork. ROAR Racing purchases the team logos for the cars and trailers as well as numbers and other decals. They come in several thicknesses and adhesives. You should talk to the folks at RaceCals to discuss what your needs are. I consider them a quality outfit and reasonably priced. Their service is impecable. You can contact them at info@race-cals.com.

Get notified of new replies

To "Racecal" adhesive covering to protect paint

Quick Reply: "Racecal" adhesive covering to protect paint