Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BreakFast Around Limerock ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 09:27 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Default BreakFast Around Limerock ???

June 27th I am running at Limerock in the afternoon and thought that I could grab some breakfast in the area prior to going to the track. Is there a good place to eat around there?

BTW - taking everyone's hints and swtiching over to a partial used set of pads for the day and then back to new pads and rotors for WGI....
Old 06-19-2006, 09:35 AM
FasterIsBetter
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

On Rt. 7, just north of the Rt. 112 intersection is a little place on the right as you go north. I think it's Mountain Cafe. Great breakfast, they open early, very reasonable prices. Excellent coffee available for take out.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:52 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Originally Posted by FasterIsBetter
On Rt. 7, just north of the Rt. 112 intersection is a little place on the right as you go north. I think it's Mountain Cafe. Great breakfast, they open early, very reasonable prices. Excellent coffee available for take out.

Thanks. I thought the afternoon start would be great, but then realized I have to now deal with morning traffic. Figure it is 3 hours from NJ to Limerock since I cannot go on any NY State Parkway with a trailer (found that out from a nice NY Trooper one day ). If I leave around 7am I am stuck in traffic so I might leave at 6:00 am and just get there early.

Maybe I can count the cars that pass through the town - lets see 1 (15 mins later) 2.......
Old 06-19-2006, 11:37 AM
NJCRUISER
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mountain Cafe
Old 06-19-2006, 12:26 PM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Originally Posted by NJCRUISER
Mountain Cafe

Well If Evan Backs it then it has to be good
Old 06-19-2006, 12:27 PM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Mountain Cafe

Old 06-22-2006, 07:45 PM
NJCRUISER
Racer

Originally Posted by Wicked Weasel
LOL Bob, Thanks, I think. Hey I'm down 20 lbs since I last saw you. Staying away from places like this helps.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:04 PM
FasterIsBetter
Burning Brakes

Thanks. I thought the afternoon start would be great, but then realized I have to now deal with morning traffic. Figure it is 3 hours from NJ to Limerock since I cannot go on any NY State Parkway with a trailer (found that out from a nice NY Trooper one day ). If I leave around 7am I am stuck in traffic so I might leave at 6:00 am and just get there early.

Maybe I can count the cars that pass through the town - lets see 1 (15 mins later) 2.......
Yeah, NY is a pain in the butt with no trailers on the parkways. When I drive the car, I go 87 to 84 to the Taconic. But you can't take a trailer on the Taconic. The last time I went, I took 287 to 87 to 84, then jumped on Rt. 9 north to Poukeepsie, then east on 44(?). Going back, I took the bridge from Poukeepsie and jumped on 87 South up there, and it was a lot faster.

I'm going up for the SCCA track day on July 3, and I'll probably take 87 all the way up to New Paltz exit, then go east from there. But since I have to be at the track at 7 a.m. or so that day, I'll probably go up the night before and stay at one of the places just off the Thruway, finish the trip in the morning.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:54 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Yeah, NY is a pain in the butt with no trailers on the parkways. When I drive the car, I go 87 to 84 to the Taconic. But you can't take a trailer on the Taconic. The last time I went, I took 287 to 87 to 84, then jumped on Rt. 9 north to Poukeepsie, then east on 44(?). Going back, I took the bridge from Poukeepsie and jumped on 87 South up there, and it was a lot faster.

I'm going up for the SCCA track day on July 3, and I'll probably take 87 all the way up to New Paltz exit, then go east from there. But since I have to be at the track at 7 a.m. or so that day, I'll probably go up the night before and stay at one of the places just off the Thruway, finish the trip in the morning.

I grew up about 30 mins southwest of Limerock and would travel a ton from from NY to NJ. I remember when 287 and 78 were not finished and it was a PITA to get to NY from NJ. As you do generally I take 84 to the taconic with the car. With the trailer I am thinking of either going over the tapanzee bridge and heading up 684 (or wahtever that number is) or taking 87 to 84 to rt 9 to 44. I tried the Pughkeepsie bridge exit once, but thought it was longer. Maybe it is because I am not use to going that far on the thruway.

Oh well I will figure something out. I figure traffic will suck on the GSP and Rt 287. After that I should be ok.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:54 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

LOL Bob, Thanks, I think. Hey I'm down 20 lbs since I last saw you. Staying away from places like this helps.
once I gave up 1/4 mile racing I gave up losing weight
Old 06-23-2006, 09:17 AM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In II Veteran

If you come in via I-90 you will go through Canaan, CT. There is a great diner there that really is an old railroad car or somethig. The breakfasts there are really good. About 15 minutes north of LRP. Also, Canaan has a really good NAPA store if you break something.

Last edited by ghoffman; 06-23-2006 at 09:27 AM.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:45 AM
FasterIsBetter
Burning Brakes

I grew up about 30 mins southwest of Limerock and would travel a ton from from NY to NJ. I remember when 287 and 78 were not finished and it was a PITA to get to NY from NJ. As you do generally I take 84 to the taconic with the car. With the trailer I am thinking of either going over the tapanzee bridge and heading up 684 (or wahtever that number is) or taking 87 to 84 to rt 9 to 44. I tried the Pughkeepsie bridge exit once, but thought it was longer. Maybe it is because I am not use to going that far on the thruway.

Oh well I will figure something out. I figure traffic will suck on the GSP and Rt 287. After that I should be ok.
Actually, if you go over the Tappan Zee, 684 to Rt. 22 north works pretty good. Or 684 to 84 East to 7 North. Personally, I try to avoid the Tappan Zee and Westchester, but if you are going during the day after rush hour, you should be okay that way, and you save a lot of distance over going up 287 and further west.

Have fun.!
Old 06-24-2006, 07:55 PM
MA ZO6
Burning Brakes

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Hey Bob, Jim and I will join you for breakfast.

John
Old 06-24-2006, 09:04 PM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Originally Posted by MA ZO6
Hey Bob, Jim and I will join you for breakfast.

John

looking forward to it....

Old 06-29-2006, 10:15 AM
Maineiac
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06

Thanks to those that recommended the Mountain Cafe....

Breakfast was AWESOME!!!
Old 06-29-2006, 10:39 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Actually, if you go over the Tappan Zee, 684 to Rt. 22 north works pretty good. Or 684 to 84 East to 7 North. Personally, I try to avoid the Tappan Zee and Westchester, but if you are going during the day after rush hour, you should be okay that way, and you save a lot of distance over going up 287 and further west.

Have fun.!
Took the GSP, 287, 684, 22, 55, 7 route.

No traffic going or coming home. Left my house at 5:40 (117 GSP) and was at the Mountain Cafe before 9am. I think if I left later I would have been stuck in traffic on the parkway.

Coming home at 6:00 I missed all traffic and was home and unpacked by 9:30....

As a bonus I got a bunch of great childhood memories taking this route. My Great Grandfather lived in Putnam Lake and I use to stay there each summer. As I drove up route 22 I remembered some of the old places that I use to go. Even the Red Rooster Drive In was still there

Made me wonder where the last 30 years went though......

Last edited by Wicked Weasel; 06-29-2006 at 10:41 AM.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:46 AM
FasterIsBetter
Burning Brakes

As a bonus I got a bunch of great childhood memories taking this route. My Great Grandfather lived in Putnam Lake and I use to stay there each summer. As I drove up route 22 I remembered some of the old places that I use to go. Even the Red Rooster Drive In was still there

Made me wonder where the last 30 years went though......
Puuu-leeze!! The last 30 years went by like a flash! Hope the next 30 (God willing) slow down and take their time. Only my lap times on the track should get faster, the rest of time should slow down for a while.

I'm heading up to LRP on Monday for the SCCA PDX event. I have to be at the track around 7 a.m., so probably no time for a leisurely breakfast at the Cafe. But maybe I'll run over there for lunch.

Glad the recommendation worked out. See you at the track one of these days.

Regards,
Steve

Get notified of new replies

To BreakFast Around Limerock ???

Quick Reply: BreakFast Around Limerock ???