Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SPOILER - Speed GT Infineon Race

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 10:13 PM
joemoia
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default SPOILER - Speed GT Infineon Race

Race Results (unofficial)

1. Imery P-car

2. Archer Viper, -.743

3. Pilgrim Caddy -2.153

4. O'Connell Caddy, -2.363

5. McCann Viper -2.872

Highest Vette finish

10. LG, -31.265

Corvettes also finished 11th thru 14th; Burtin, Whelen, Chambers, Peterson

LG started 11th and was running 9th when the track went yellow on lap 13. During the yellow, it was reported that LG was being assessed a stop and go penalty for rough driving associated with contact with the Viper of Ritch Marziale during previous green, which he had to serve when the track went green again on lap 17. After serving the penalty LG was scored in 19th place. Over the next 10 laps LG passed 9 cars to finish 9th.

Fastest in-race laps

1. LG in vette, 1.19.650

2. Imery in P-Car, 1.19.678

3. Aschenbach in P-Car, 1.19.690

4. McCann in Viper, 1.19.694

5. Archer in Viper, 1.19.797

Race currently scheduled to be televised on Speed July 8th
Old 06-24-2006, 11:25 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

LG was PO'ed I'm sure
SCCA=WWF
Old 06-24-2006, 11:32 PM
Jeffvette
Race Director

What a Fricking joke.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:03 AM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by joemoia
Fastest in-race laps

1. LG in vette, 1.19.650

2. Imery in P-Car, 1.19.678
The only bad part of this is that now SCCA Pro is going to say the Corvette is still plenty fast -- "You just need to put your fast laps together for the entire race!"
Old 06-25-2006, 10:44 AM
yellow01
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gkmccready
The only bad part of this is that now SCCA Pro is going to say the Corvette is still plenty fast -- "You just need to put your fast laps together for the entire race!"
Maybe next race they should force LG to abandon the restrictor plate all together, then duct tape a small straw at the entrance of the TB...

SCCA makes me mad.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:57 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Who says the hole in the restrictor plate has to be in the exact center of the plate?? Air flow may not be equal though the whole TB. As long as the hole it self is that 45% restriction. Might be an off center hole in the restrictor plate works better or just as good as no restictor plate.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:03 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Who says the hole in the restrictor plate has to be in the exact center of the plate?? Air flow may not be equal though the whole TB. As long as the hole it self is that 45% restriction. Might be an off center hole in the restrictor plate works better or just as good as no restictor plate.

The rule says, "Centered" .

As for the penalty:

"Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely"

The same guy who made the new negative adjustments to the Corvette, , was the same guy who ordered me to be black flagged.

I was run into by a Viper who missed the apex, and while trying to save his spot by crossing over into my path. He was either out of control, or he did it on purpose. Either way, he ran into my left front, and I was the one who spun. He was blocking me over and over. You will all see that on our in car video when we post it.

All you engineers can figure that out. Because if I ran into him, he would have been knocked to his left, rather than me getting knocked to my right.

At any rate, this could have been analyzed on the video and all would have been well. But I have made so many waves about the new adjustment that it was inevetible that he would go to the next thing in his arsenal to pound me, and thus the Corvette down.

I predicted this kind of irrevokable penalty in a letter I sent to the SCCA board of directors. I just hope that there is some honor left in the organization to deal with this official.

Then to make matters worse, he didn't even give us a notice about the black flag until just before the start, so I would have to serve my penalty during the green flag. Luckily my son (crew chief) got to me on the radio in time to just make the turn in to the pits as we were about to go green. Then they even said that they wanted me to stop again, (not in the rules) so we argued the case and they gave in (after they read the rule book) . The normal method is to announce it on "Race Control" radio channel so we can all react and deal with it quickly. It is to our advantage to come in on the lap as we go green, because the field is on a slower lap and we don't lose as much ground compared to coming in on a full green lap.

As for my fast lap. Well, the track was extremely fast because of the Nascar Winston west race just prior to our race. So with no traffic, and a great track, I went just as fast as I went in practice. I did it after the yellow, on cool tires, and while trying to catch the pack again.

The leaders were all fighting with each other, which slowed them down. None of them even ran close to their parctice times.

Another way to look at the fast lap is to compare to what they told me at Mid Ohio. I won the race, led all the laps, and only set the 3rd fastest time. They said that it didn't matter because "Lou was not trying". Well, the leader (Porsche 997) was leading so easy, that he "wasn't trying".
I got an adjustment after Mid Ohio, and if they do nothing to the Porsche, then they expose their bias.

One more point. This official threatened me with "severe fines and penalties" after my letter writing campaign. He came through with his promise, and there is a severe lack of accountability and integrity involved here.

As a racer, all I want is a fair and honest playing field. This official saw a way to affect the championship and he did what was within his power.

Watch the Speed coverage and you will see for yourself that it was I who was run over, and the Viper who had to drop out of the race because he smashed his exhaust when he hit me, got what he deserved. In addition, he races in the world Challenge even though he only has sight in one eye. maybe he is just blind in his right eye.

Thanks guys, this has been a frustrating season. If they do the right thing, I will be amazed.

Lou Gigliotti LGM

http://lgmotorsports.com/gallery/alb...no_compare.jpg

LGM http://www.LGMotorsports.com
Winner Daytona 250
22 WC Wins

"Most powerful Corvette headers on the planet"

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 06-28-2006 at 06:29 PM.
Old 06-25-2006, 01:01 PM
Coc5
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Honestly, I just don't see how you can control yourself. I would have just lost it and busted some head. That is what it will take.

It is VERY obvious that they are Corvette haters. They know there is not a damn thing you can do about it and they are going to rub your nose in it.

I'll bet the ex GM guy is a "P" owner too.

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
The rule says, "Centered" .

As for the penalty:

"Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely"

The same guy who made the new negative adjustments to the Corvette, (EX GM Executive who was forced to retire), was the same guy who ordered me to be black flagged.

I was run into by a Viper who missed the apex, and while trying to save his spot by crossing over into my path. He was either out of control, or he did it on purpose. Either way, he ran into my left front, and I was the one who spun. He was blocking me over and over. You will all see that on our in car video when we post it.

All you engineers can figure that out. Because if I ran into him, he would have been knocked to his left, rather than me getting knocked to my right.

At any rate, this could have been analyzed on the video and all would have been well. But I have made so many waves about the new adjustment that it was inevetible that he would go to the next thing in his arsenal to pound me, and thus the Corvette down.

I predicted this kind of irrevokable penalty in a letter I sent to the SCCA board of directors. I just hope that there is some honor left in the organization to deal with this official.

Then to make matters worse, he didn't even give us a notice about the black flag until just before the start, so I would have to serve my penalty during the green flag. Luckily my son (crew chief) got to me on the radio in time to just make the turn in to the pits as we were about to go green. Then they even said that they wanted me to stop again, (not in the rules) so we argued the case and they gave in (after they read the rule book) . The normal method is to announce it on "Race Control" radio channel so we can all react and deal with it quickly. It is to our advantage to come in on the lap as we go green, because the field is on a slower lap and we don't lose as much ground compared to coming in on a full green lap.

As for my fast lap. Well, the track was extremely fast because of the Nascar Winston west race just prior to our race. So with no traffic, and a great track, I went just as fast as I went in practice. I did it after the yellow, on cool tires, and while trying to catch the pack again.

The leaders were all fighting with each other, which slowed them down. None of them even ran close to their parctice times.

Another way to look at the fast lap is to compare to what they told me at Mid Ohio. I won the race, led all the laps, and only set the 3rd fastest time. They said that it didn't matter because "Lou was not trying". Well, the leader (Porsche 997) was leading so easy, that he "wasn't trying".
I got an adjustment after Mid Ohio, and if they do nothing to the Porsche, then they expose their bias.

One more point. This official threatened me with "severe fines and penalties" after my letter writing campaign. He came through with his promise, and there is a severe lack of accountability and integrity involved here.

As a racer, all I want is a fair and honest playing field. This official saw a way to affect the championship and he did what was within his power.

Watch the Speed coverage and you will see for yourself that it was I who was run over, and the Viper who had to drop out of the race because he smashed his exhaust when he hit me, got what he deserved. In addition, he races in the world Challenge even though he only has sight in one eye. maybe he is just blind in his right eye.

Thanks guys, this has been a frustrating season. If they do the right thing, I will be amazed.

Lou Gigliotti LGM

Last edited by Coc5; 06-25-2006 at 01:03 PM.
Old 06-25-2006, 03:54 PM
vetterlatethannever
Race Director

Flat out ridiculous. Lou, hats off to you, just keep doing what you gotsta do!!
Old 06-25-2006, 04:25 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by vetterlatethannever
Flat out ridiculous. Lou, hats off to you, just keep doing what you gotsta do!!
Keep at 'em.
Old 06-25-2006, 05:23 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

how does it feel Lou to do this
Old 06-25-2006, 07:24 PM
JRD77VET
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10

Congrats on keeping your cool. I'm not sure if I could do that. Must be nice to be a vengeful bastard and not worry about repercussions

[ Wishful thinking here] Any chance of getting anything changed after showing your in car footage to the "higher ups" ?

Jeff
Old 06-25-2006, 08:09 PM
joemoia
Melting Slicks

Did the contact happen on lap 4, where the lap notes stated you spun?
And they waited until lap 16, 3 laps into the yellow, 7 laps after the Viper retired, and 12 laps after the incident occurred to assess the penalty? Seems like a pretty late call to me.

Anyway, congrats on the last 10 lap drive and the "Cool Move " trophy, I'm sure you thought of some choice places to shove...err "put" the trophy after they gave it to you
Old 06-25-2006, 10:16 PM
Rob Willis
Safety Car

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

We need to get you into the ALMS Lou!!

Old 06-25-2006, 10:51 PM
Mc5er#16
Advanced

How is it to be the "apple" of Harry's eye?
Old 06-26-2006, 02:15 AM
LG Motorsports

Did the contact happen on lap 4, where the lap notes stated you spun?
And they waited until lap 16, 3 laps into the yellow, 7 laps after the Viper retired, and 12 laps after the incident occurred to assess the penalty? Seems like a pretty late call to me.

Anyway, congrats on the last 10 lap drive and the "Cool Move " trophy, I'm sure you thought of some choice places to shove...err "put" the trophy after they gave it to you
Bingo. That was it. And those were my thoughts exactly.

Joe, I quoted your great information about the Mid ohio race in one of my letters. Thanks!

Keep in mind that the Corvette was adjusted down after Mid Ohio because I got the pole, led every lap and won the race. Check out the results for Infineon for both classes. then ask yourself if he will "Adjust" them for the same "Crime". I don't see the difference do you?

Phil, they had 9 C6 corvettes at mid Ohio, but only 4 at the biggest race of the year being with NASCAR. And I am not even the apple of his eye, I am the "Pit" in the apple.

As for higher ups? I wrote some letters before the event where I predicted to his higher ups that he would probably black flag me and once the video was viewed, I would be vindicated but with no recourse. Unfortunately I was right, but they now know what he is capable of.

It is a sad day in Gotham. I am not through writing letters to whoever has ultimate control over these situations and we will see if they are willing to do the right thing.

Thanks.

LG
Old 06-26-2006, 10:37 AM
z060ntrack
Drifting

Get notified of new replies

To SPOILER - Speed GT Infineon Race

Old 06-26-2006, 03:48 PM
joemoia
Melting Slicks

Keep in mind that the Corvette was adjusted down after Mid Ohio because I got the pole, led every lap and won the race. Check out the results for Infineon for both classes. then ask yourself if he will "Adjust" them for the same "Crime". I don't see the difference do you?

Phil, they had 9 C6 corvettes at mid Ohio, but only 4 at the biggest race of the year being with NASCAR. And I am not even the apple of his eye, I am the "Pit" in the apple.
LG
I missed that! You're right, Imery put on the same type of performance at SP that you did at M-O, sweeping all the available points.

I know that this is just pissing into the wind, but you can also compare the F1 results this year. Renault has dominated the series, but if you remove Alonzo from the picture, Ferrari would have won 6 out of the 9 races. Drivers count in auto racing.

I also noticed that L. Reese ran in the Rolex race at M-O instead of the SWC race (finishing 5th in GT). If GA makes some adjustments to make the Vettes more competitive, you could expect to see a lot more SWC teams defecting to that series
Old 06-26-2006, 10:35 PM
LG Motorsports

I missed that! You're right, Imery put on the same type of performance at SP that you did at M-O, sweeping all the available points.

I know that this is just pissing into the wind, but you can also compare the F1 results this year. Renault has dominated the series, but if you remove Alonzo from the picture, Ferrari would have won 6 out of the 9 races. Drivers count in auto racing.

I also noticed that L. Reese ran in the Rolex race at M-O instead of the SWC race (finishing 5th in GT). If GA makes some adjustments to make the Vettes more competitive, you could expect to see a lot more SWC teams defecting to that series

Exactly. We can all vote with our feet and go to the Grand Am if that works out. I am afraid that is what will happen if they don't get serious about being fair.

I am not a big fan of endurance racing because there are is so many outside forces that come into play, plus a co driver to count on.

Still, I would rather that they fix the problem and run the series with a fair mindset.

Thanks guys.

LG
Old 06-26-2006, 11:09 PM
vetterlatethannever
Race Director

Thanks guys.

LG
Thank you Lou!!!

Quick Reply: SPOILER - Speed GT Infineon Race