Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good job Speed TV!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 10:15 PM
Gatorac
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Good job Speed TV!

Many of us get tired of the seemingly endless NASCAR coverage on speed. Let's give them a big thumbs up for the extended F1 coverage.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:25 PM
Chalky
Safety Car

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Old 06-30-2006, 11:49 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

I enjoyed the Rolex and Trans Am races yesterday. NASCAR (parent of Rolex) needs to look at what it takes to make interesting races Vs their boring trips around the track. The Trans Am was quite enjoyable as the drivers really went at it on the Daytona Road Course. Stewart was awesome just as he was at the 2005 24 hour race.

Bill
Old 07-01-2006, 12:02 AM
xsiveone
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
I enjoyed the Rolex and Trans Am races yesterday. NASCAR (parent of Rolex) needs to look at what it takes to make interesting races Vs their boring trips around the track. The Trans Am was quite enjoyable as the drivers really went at it on the Daytona Road Course. Stewart was awesome just as he was at the 2005 24 hour race.

Bill
Trans Am? Do you mean Grand Am?

The crew is always better when they can actually attend a race instead of comment on the race from some control room thousands of miles away from the race.
Old 07-01-2006, 05:20 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

I have not headed over to the Speed TV forum but I can bet there is a huge uproar over having Derek Daily in the pits.

I wonder if his microphone really did malfunction...nice to see him talking kind of shady about Speed then in his interview kissing him where it smells funny.
Old 07-01-2006, 06:23 PM
Chalky
Safety Car

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

What's this about DD? Did I miss something?
Old 07-01-2006, 11:14 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Originally Posted by xsiveone
Trans Am? Do you mean Grand Am?

The crew is always better when they can actually attend a race instead of comment on the race from some control room thousands of miles away from the race.
I meant to say IROC. Don't know why I said Trans AM. Angelelli ran the IROC right after he completed the Rolex race. He, Scott Sharp, Max Papis and Stewart really made an interesting race out of it. Best IROC I have seen since after the finish of the 2001 Daytona IROC Dale senior bumped Cheevers at speed on the back straight to teach him a lesson only the intimidator could deliver.

Bill
Old 07-02-2006, 03:33 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

It was excellent coverage.

Funny when Machet made a "Daly" by saying Paternity leave instead of Maternity leave

Seriously is Speed had coverage like this EVERY week and I realize this just probably isn't financially viable then F1 would take a turn in the US.

If Bernie would help flip the bill for sending these guys around the world then F1 would make more inroads.

I even tolerated Daly today.

I also realize why Jeff Gordon is probably so hated in Nascar, he seems well spoken, intelligent, and more of a true car/racing guy that I had ever given him credit for.

Great coverage all around and good to see the guys on TV for once.

edit: If you look on the SpeedTV F1 Forum there is a thread on DD...it is absolutely hilarious with a few vid caps of him interviewing a certain young woman.

Last edited by NoOne; 07-02-2006 at 03:48 PM.
Old 07-02-2006, 06:05 PM
micro
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The other F1 races are hours and hour ahead of us.

The IROC race was insane with the competition and the glowing rotors.

Get notified of new replies

To Good job Speed TV!

Quick Reply: Good job Speed TV!