Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NASA Proracing Thunderhill, Willows, CA Fri 7/21/2006

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 11:46 PM
DREGSZ
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NASA Proracing Thunderhill, Willows, CA Fri 7/21/2006

NASA Proracing Thunderhill, Willows, CA Fri 7/21/2006

NASA Proracing Presents a Midweek Maddness Track Time Event

Friday, July 21st, 2006

The format includes 7, 20 minute sessions per driver plus an additional open track session at the end of the day for those who still want more $215

This Event fetures obscene amounts of tracktime in an uncrowded atmosphere. A true Driver's Event!

Groups 2, 3,and 4 are available.

Register at:

https://www.nasaproracing.com/nasa_e.../?event_id=389

Hope to see you there.

Evan Ginsberg
Event Director
Old 07-07-2006, 10:52 AM
StArrow68
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry to miss this Evan, but I've been signed up for the Infineon event for more than a month since dates there are hard to come by this time of the year. And as expected, they are wait listed at this point. I know you will get several Vettes since that is what has happened in the past, even if most don't post here. Our Nor. Calif. track crowd doesn't seem to do much posting but most I talk to do read some fo this info. Have a safe day and enjoy.
Randy
Old 07-07-2006, 01:03 PM
DREGSZ
Melting Slicks

Have fun at Sear's.
Personally I don't like driving there, there is nowhere to really let a vette stretch it's legs.
It would be fun in a little, slow car like a miata, but not so fun in fast, big HP cars. It's my least favorite track to drive in Norcal
That's my opinion anyway
Enjoy
Old 07-09-2006, 01:25 AM
StArrow68
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Interesting take on Sears Point and you have lots more experience than I do. I find it fun but I've been told I tend to drive the Coupe like a momentum car, which I don't think was all a compliment. Just a little too easy for a car with that kind of HP but it seems to keep me fairly safe. I really enjoy the elevation changes and getting the car set so the street tires can come close to their limits, or at least my limits. If I ever get the stock set up below 2 flat I'll be very happy.
Today at TH was only at the century mark when I ran a TT with NCRC and that heat seemed to take a toll on my power as I wasn't getting to the same terminal speeds on the straights as I got in early sessions. I did get my time within a half second of my best for the day so I must have been carrying more speed elsewhere. Hope you get a good turn out, and wish it didn't conflict.
Randy
Old 07-09-2006, 04:32 AM
DREGSZ
Melting Slicks

Sear's is a very technical track.
It's both shocking and depressing to think about the winston cup lap times there.
My favorites are turns 7 and 11. You just need to watch out for the big magnets in the walls

Get notified of new replies

To NASA Proracing Thunderhill, Willows, CA Fri 7/21/2006