Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tradin' Paint Re-Air Tonight on Speed (July 14)

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 12:19 PM
xsiveone
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tradin' Paint Re-Air Tonight on Speed (July 14)

I was watching F1's Friday practice from France over lunch and they announced that they are re-airing Tradin' Paint tonight on Speed TV at 9:30 pm CT/ 10:30 pm ET. I set my DVR to record it. They have an hour blocked out for it.

For those who don't know, this show originally aired in 2003 when Juan Pablo Montoya swapped race cars with Jeff Gordon at IMS' road course.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:45 PM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know, with both McLaren seats essentially open... and Jeff Showing up at Indy ...and them re-airing the "Trading Paint" special... I wonder if Mr. Gordon might be planning a move??? Hmmmmm

I doubt that F1 could pay him what he makes in NASCAR, but it would give him a chance to compete with the best drivers in the world...instead of having to deal with boneheads like Kenseth and Stewart. DOH!
Old 07-14-2006, 05:59 PM
Cisitalia
Racer

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:09 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,918 Likes on 5,327 Posts

Its hard to believe Jeff would give up the life time contract he has with Hendrick just to race F1.
Bill
Old 07-15-2006, 01:19 AM
Cisitalia
Racer

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
Its hard to believe Jeff would give up the life time contract he has with Hendrick just to race F1.
Bill
It's the other way around. This program is a few years old. Jeff is trailing a little this year, but a great driver for sure in NASCAR. His intentions are still NASCAR at this moment in time. It's JPM with that glimmer in his eye and excitement back then, that recently made the move from F1 to NASCAR. This program was historical in perspective.
Old 07-15-2006, 03:13 PM
xsiveone
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cisitalia
It's the other way around. This program is a few years old. Jeff is trailing a little this year, but a great driver for sure in NASCAR. His intentions are still NASCAR at this moment in time. It's JPM with that glimmer in his eye and excitement back then, that recently made the move from F1 to NASCAR. This program was historical in perspective.
I think that it's his age now more than anything keeping him from making a move to F1. People at his age retire from F1, they don't start a career in F1. Plus, F1 isn't as desperate to have a US driver in the series now that Scott Speed is in F1.

Also, if JPM was having a hard time finding a competitive seat, I don't think that Gordon would have an easier time. They'd probably want to run him in Red Bull and I don't think that Jeff's ego could take it since he's already said that he wouldn't go into the series unless he had a competitive car. OTOH.. Maybe since JPM is willing to leave his ego at the door and take on NASCAR as a challenge, maybe that will be inspiration for Gordon to give it a try. Who knows...

Get notified of new replies

To Tradin' Paint Re-Air Tonight on Speed (July 14)

Quick Reply: Tradin' Paint Re-Air Tonight on Speed (July 14)