Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Package Deal -- THREE Track Days, Only $500!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 08:35 PM
bonster
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Package Deal -- THREE Track Days, Only $500!

***MODERATOR -- Please feel free to move this to a more appropriate section of the forum as you see fit. Thanks!***

T.E.A.M. Racing (www.team-racing.org) is putting on a weekend event at Reno-Fernley's new four-mile course on Saturday and Sunday, August 26-27. Cost for one day is $190, cost for both days is $350. The event includes a supply of Gatorade and bottled water, snacks, catered lunches, instruction, and at least two hours of track time. Full details are at the website, or go directly to the .pdf registration form at www.onemain.com/~bonster/augustrfr.pdf to sign up. This event will fill quickly once word gets out, so sign up soon! I promise you'll have a blast!

Less than a week later, on Friday, September 1st, we are putting on a day out at Thunderhill, all the same perks, for $225. The form is located at www.onemain.com/~bonster/thunderhill_09_01.pdf If you want to take all three days, we have a package deal for only $500!!! That's less than $170 per day! This makes a savings of $75 ~ money for gas. Not enough these days, but every little bit helps! If you wanna do the package deal, please send in both forms and I'll know to give you the discount.

BW
Old 07-19-2006, 01:27 AM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Bonni,

I definitely plan to hit Thunderhill again with you folks; not sure about the trek to R-F, though. I had a great time at the last event... I'd love to see more folks from these forums show up...

glen
Old 07-19-2006, 09:32 AM
bonster
Racer

It was great to finally meet you in person, Glen! And yes, it would be nice if a few more Corvettes showed up to give you some company. I think we only had three last time, and one of those was an instructor. But oh how nice it would be to see a good half dozen all show up and park together in the paddock. Or better yet, gang up on each other on the track.

The closest Corvette club I know of is way over near San Jose, so I let my friend go and talk to those folks (he's got a 1963 black named "Lola" that he never takes to the track anymore -- he was driving the white Fiero last month). Last year they wanted to come up as a large group (about ten or twelve) to Reno, but they wanted the 4.1 mile course, not the smaller track that we got stuck with because it wasn't done on time. Maybe some of those folks will hit Thunderhill, too.

BW
Old 08-27-2006, 04:23 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Hey Bonni, do you still have room for this coming Friday at Thunderhill? I want to get a trackday in before the elbow/shoulder surgery so I bit the bullet and swapped brakes today...
Old 08-29-2006, 12:45 AM
bonster
Racer

For you, Glen, of course. I dunno aobut those other Corvette folks. Okay, okay . . . we'll let other Corvette folks in, as well. But seriously, there's plenty of room and we might even just run two groups -- which means nearly four hours of track time. WOOT!!!

BW
Old 08-29-2006, 01:10 AM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Damn. I better pack some more tools and extra-extra brake pads. :-)
Old 08-29-2006, 10:43 AM
bonster
Racer

Too funny Glen. If the novice drivers get signed off to run solo by the afternoon, that would be when we'd combine the nine of them with the six B group drivers. I'll let the B groupers out first, wait until the last driver gets to about turn five, then I'll let the novice drivers out. That should prevent congestion, and you'll get some extra sessions in. That's IF we don't get a lot more drivers in either group. Even if we run the regular schedule, we still get seven 20-minute sessions, which for most is still plenty of track time. Yup, our drivers always get a good night's sleep after running with us.

BW
Old 08-29-2006, 12:11 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

I'm serious. I was way over working the brakes in the first event out in the C6... used a bunch of front pad up (PFC 01) so I'll bring my spare set, and maybe even throw the stock pads in the bin "just in case". :-)

If I can get happy with my entry speed into T1 and T9 maybe I'll come see you about moving into Group A. Those are the two corners I plan to work on this week since I was slowing way too much before entry last event.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:09 PM
bonster
Racer

Oh, I have no doubt that you're serious, Glen. But the thought of a car having enough horsepower to go fast enough to cook a set of brake pads before day's end at the track just makes me grin from ear to ear.

BW

Get notified of new replies

To Package Deal -- THREE Track Days, Only $500!

Quick Reply: Package Deal -- THREE Track Days, Only $500!