Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few rules questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 03:55 PM
jpasterjak
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A few rules questions

Hey everybody...

Well, the bad news is that it looks like I'm going to have to skip the convention due to a tight GRM deadline, which sucks considering it's in my back yard practically.

The good news is that I'm slowly starting to get things together for the FRC. Before I placed too many orders, though, I had a couple of rules questions, mostly regarding SCCA vs. NCCC classing.

Assuming I prep the car initially to an SCCA Stock class level (shocks, DOT sticky tires, exhaust, ait filter, alignment), where does that put me for NCCC events?

Also, what about harness mounts like the Hard Bar? Are these legal for Stock classes, or are they considered chassis stiffeners?

Last question: what's a decent tire size choice using the stock wheels? I wanted to narrow the width gap between front and rear and was considering 275/40 fronts and 295/30 rears, but wanted to get some input from someone who's been there/done that before I started making phone calls.

Thanks.

J.G. Pasterjak
Production Director
Grassroots Motorsports
Classic Motorsports
Old 07-28-2006, 04:14 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Get my number from Per and call me, had sent you a PM
Old 07-28-2006, 05:20 PM
TedDBere
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A hardbar is fine in SCCA stock class.

I can't help you with NCCC rules but I believe the front bar will change your class.

The 275 fronts are preferred, but the 295s are taller than the 285s without getting you any more contact patch. Since you have the MN6 tranny you'll need the shorter tire to give you better, quicker gearing.

Yes the 285s look small, but they work great. IMHO. Here's a picture of the 275/285 combo sitting at rest:

Good luck, and let me know what Danny suggests!!
Old 07-29-2006, 11:00 AM
vettl83
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

J.G. I've raced both SCCA and NCCC events and the rules are way different. I would suggest you go to the NCCC's website and check the rules they have them posted, same with SCCA. Basically in NCCC stock means stock. SCCA lets you run tires, harness bar, and a few other goodies and still be in the stock class. However, if you decide not to run stock I would take full advantage of all the mods you can run in the class you choose, mainly because your competitors have. Good luck with your decision. 91 ZR1 #2039

Get notified of new replies

To A few rules questions

Quick Reply: A few rules questions