Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Added T1 Bars Today, with 2 Shims

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 08:36 PM
Pumba
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 102 Likes on 56 Posts

Default Added T1 Bars Today, with 2 Shims

Gentlemen,

I was finally able to obtain a pair of the new T1 front and rear stabilizer bars, which includes three adjusting holes on the rear bar, and install them today.

During the installation process I lubed the inside of the bushings with GM's Super Lube.

After the installation I took the Z for a drive and noted a significant bushing groan. I made a call to a friend who races with the Corvette Challenge Group and he suggested placing two washers under each corner of the front and rear stabilizer brackets to loosen the bushing's grip on the bar. While doing this he also recommended heli-coiling the upper bracket bolt holes on the rear crossmember to prevent stripping out of the aluminum threads. I did the heli-coil installation.

After the installation of the two washers, the bar is quiet as a mouse, and the Z corners like its on rails. I also noticed a slight increase in impact harshness as I drive the car around town.

I would recommend this modification to anyone who wants flatter cornering, without the increased stiffness of coilovers, or T1 springs.

Quick Reply: Added T1 Bars Today, with 2 Shims