Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Massa and Brawn out of Ferrari?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 03:42 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Massa and Brawn out of Ferrari?

Ferrari technical director Ross Brawn won't be returning for another season with Ferrari next year, Autosport magazine reports.

The 51-year old Briton has been at the helm of the Scuderia's technical department since 1997, joining the Italian squad from Benetton only one year after Michael Schumacher made the same switch. Brawn has worked with Schumacher in all of the German's seven titles, two with Benetton and five with Ferrari.

While Brawn's decision could hint at Schumacher's own retirement by season's end, the same report claims the German will carry on driving next year, partnering Kimi Raikkonen. The Finn's move to the Scuderia is almost considered a given following today's announcement that Alex Wurz will partner Nico Rosberg at Williams next year, leaving the door open for Mark Webber to drive for Renault alongside Giancarlo Fisichella.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:01 PM
xsiveone
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any idea why Brawn is quitting? You'd think that he'd stick it out until Schumacher retires or if he is going to retire, you'd think that he'd wait until Schumacher made his decision before Brawn makes his.

If I were Renault, I would've hired JPM over Webber. IMO, JPM was the best of the rest behind Schumi, Alonso and Kimi.

I don't think Kimi moving to Ferrari is a good idea if Schumi doesn't retire. He'll just be taking over the support role for Schumacher.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:49 PM
RacePro Engineering
Tech Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Sad news

Unfortunately, the "A-Team" is disassembling. First Rory, then Luca got distracted with politics, now Ross . . . who's next?

Proven time and again - everything - even the best things - have a finite life.

------

I agree heartily with the ranking of Juan Pablo! No one - NO ONE - recovers the car like he does. There is a genius-level talent, for the foreseeable future going to waste!

Ed LoPresti
Old 08-03-2006, 08:50 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Originally Posted by xsiveone
Any idea why Brawn is quitting? You'd think that he'd stick it out until Schumacher retires or if he is going to retire, you'd think that he'd wait until Schumacher made his decision before Brawn makes his.

If I were Renault, I would've hired JPM over Webber. IMO, JPM was the best of the rest behind Schumi, Alonso and Kimi.

I don't think Kimi moving to Ferrari is a good idea if Schumi doesn't retire. He'll just be taking over the support role for Schumacher.

hE'LL ONLY HAVE THAT ROLE FOR A YEAR AT MOST i THINK.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:32 PM
xsiveone
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by John Shiels
hE'LL ONLY HAVE THAT ROLE FOR A YEAR AT MOST i THINK.
Yes, but that's another year that Kimi will virtually have no shot at the championship and who knows what Ferrari will be in two years with everyone leaving. At least he's got a shot next year if he takes Alonso's seat. Who knows, Kimi might even be better than Alonso in the same car, so he might even be more dominant than Alonso in the Renault.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:51 AM
rws.1
Race Director

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

definitiely some interesting moves...
If Kimi is moving to Ferrari, I'd be surpirsed if Michael stays.
The two have not exactly been best buds.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:17 PM
RFDrpm
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rws.1
definitiely some interesting moves...
If Kimi is moving to Ferrari, I'd be surpirsed if Michael stays.
The two have not exactly been best buds.
I agree..

What about BMW making an offer to Shumi? I saw something on that and havent heard anything since. Wonder if Kimi moveing into the red would have Shumi thinking of moving the other direction????????
Old 08-04-2006, 05:31 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Don't know if MS wins it will make him retire or want more?
Old 08-05-2006, 07:23 PM
Bimota Guy
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by John Shiels
Don't know if MS wins it will make him retire or want more?
More. He always wants more. I think Michael wants 100 wins. That would be an astounding record. He is at 87 (?) right now.

Get notified of new replies

To Massa and Brawn out of Ferrari?

Quick Reply: Massa and Brawn out of Ferrari?