Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harness belt mounting

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 09:05 AM
Timz06
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Harness belt mounting

I have just been mounting a 5point with corbeau seats in my camaro.

A couple of questions. Is it ok to mount the anti-submarine belt on the crossmember which is at the front of the seat? Another option would be the crossmember at the rear of the seat. The belt come up through the hole in the seat. The one at the rear would place the mounting point pretty much directly under me, but the belt would come forward to go through the hole in the seat. I am trying to think what would happen in a crash if the belt tore through the seat and the effects.

Second, is it ok to wrap the harnesses around the roll bar horizontal bar? I think that is what this bar is for...but my harnesses are so long I could probably anchor them in the rear as well. Thanks for any info !

Tim
Old 08-07-2006, 09:35 AM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,396 Likes on 748 Posts

Tim,

The easy one first. Yes, you can just wrap the shoulder straps around the harness bar; in fact, that's the preferred way. The straps from the factory are really long to support multiple installations, which can have the support structure farther away than what works in the C5.

Now to the sub strap. Mine is currently mounted to the front crossmember, but next time I'm going to get a 6-pt. system that has the straps mount to the seat belt anchor points. Better geometry, and the mount points I believe are stronger than the seat mounts.

HTH, and have a good one,
Mike

Quick Reply: Harness belt mounting