Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Texas Motor Speedway - Aug 12 Night Event

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 08:56 PM
forhamilton
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Texas Motor Speedway - Aug 12 Night Event

Anyone running?
Old 08-07-2006, 11:11 PM
C6400hp
Safety Car

Location: DFW This user does not support or recommend the product or service displayed in the ad to the right
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am, just got done changing pads/tires/rotors/bleeding calipers.
I think I am ready, should be alot of fun. You probably wont see me running as hard as I did at TWS last time we were there due to the fact that this track has more danger if a mistake is made and the fact we will be running at night. See you there. I will be in garage #32 if you want to come by and say hi.

Last edited by C6400hp; 08-07-2006 at 11:24 PM.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:45 AM
forhamilton
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Great pictures. I like how you are in chase! You still have the honors of the only car to pass me. That will probably change at TMS. I agree on being much more careful for all the same reasons.

LG Motorsports is putting a new Stoptech kit on this week with SRF. I recently put on Corsairs with Goodyear slicks. LG is re-checking my track alignment. I should be ready to go!!
Old 08-08-2006, 01:38 PM
yakisoba
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll be there, as long as my car techs today. Be good to see everyone again.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:28 PM
C6400hp
Safety Car

Location: DFW This user does not support or recommend the product or service displayed in the ad to the right

Originally Posted by forhamilton
Great pictures. I like how you are in chase! You still have the honors of the only car to pass me. That will probably change at TMS. I agree on being much more careful for all the same reasons.

LG Motorsports is putting a new Stoptech kit on this week with SRF. I recently put on Corsairs with Goodyear slicks. LG is re-checking my track alignment. I should be ready to go!!

Yes, with those mods and your increasing experience with your car, I won't be able to catch you now.
Old 08-08-2006, 05:37 PM
forhamilton
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Maybe you mis-understood or I didn't say it right. I think many people may be passing me this weekend because I am going to take it easy because of the risk.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:16 PM
C6400hp
Safety Car

Maybe you mis-understood or I didn't say it right. I think many people may be passing me this weekend because I am going to take it easy because of the risk.
I misunderstood you but, with the tires/wheels/brakes you have added you should be fast even just tooling around. If this will be your first event on the slicks, you will be amazed at the difference. Waiting for a review of the Stoptechs.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:13 PM
forhamilton
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by yakisoba
I'll be there, as long as my car techs today. Be good to see everyone again.
Hope to see you there Yak!
Old 08-08-2006, 08:15 PM
forhamilton
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by C6400hp
I misunderstood you but, with the tires/wheels/brakes you have added you should be fast even just tooling around. If this will be your first event on the slicks, you will be amazed at the difference. Waiting for a review of the Stoptechs.
A shop installed my first set of Stoptechs incorrectly and they were rubbing the lower a arm. Burned up the calipers, ruined the rotors, wasted the outer tie rods. New kit is going on this week by a different shop.

I had slicks at the last event, and yes they made a huge difference. Can't wait to run the car with everything running correctly.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:01 PM
yakisoba
Drifting

I think we'll all be being careful. Do we know if they are setting up a chicane on the back straight? If not, I think it's flat out almost from the turn out of the infield all the way 3/4 of the way around the track. Then you have to slow from what? 140? 150? to make that 180 into the infield. 50, maybe? I've been on the oval before, and the bank is wild. You can go real fast.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:42 AM
21STCENTURYMUSCLECAR
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by C6400hp
I am, just got done changing pads/tires/rotors/bleeding calipers.
I think I am ready, should be alot of fun. You probably wont see me running as hard as I did at TWS last time we were there due to the fact that this track has more danger if a mistake is made and the fact we will be running at night. See you there. I will be in garage #32 if you want to come by and say hi.

I bet you guys will have a blast, I am probably coming out to watch and maybe ride but I am lucky to be able to drive to the grocery store in the dark, getting old sux but I can still give it hell in the daylight!

Best Regards,
John Page
Old 08-09-2006, 10:55 AM
forhamilton
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 21STCENTURYMUSCLECAR
I bet you guys will have a blast, I am probably coming out to watch and maybe ride but I am lucky to be able to drive to the grocery store in the dark, getting old sux but I can still give it hell in the daylight!

Best Regards,
John Page
Cool. See you there John.

Chris Hamilton
Old 08-09-2006, 01:56 PM
C6400hp
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 21STCENTURYMUSCLECAR

Best Regards,
John Page
With your car and your experience John, you're still probably faster than most of us even if you can't see where you're going.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:15 PM
forhamilton
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Old 08-10-2006, 03:29 PM
yellow01
Le Mans Master

Hey, they told me the didn't do alignments!

Have fun out there guys, I'm not going to make this one. I'm signed up for Sept 9th/10th at MSR though.

Old 08-10-2006, 05:02 PM
forhamilton
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by yellow01
Hey, they told me the didn't do alignments!

Have fun out there guys, I'm not going to make this one. I'm signed up for Sept 9th/10th at MSR though.

Hmmmm. Maybe I need to ask about the alignment.

See you at MSR in Sep.

Get notified of new replies

To Texas Motor Speedway - Aug 12 Night Event

Quick Reply: Texas Motor Speedway - Aug 12 Night Event