Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IMSA changes effective from Mosport

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 02:45 PM
micro
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IMSA changes effective from Mosport

The DBR9s had a 110 fuel liter capacity at Lime Rock, Utah, and Portland, but will have 110 liters at Mosport.

The minimum weight stays at 1100 kg and restrictor table column stays the same at 1175 kg.

The C6-Rs have the same fuel and weight restrictions, but the maximum air restrictor has been reduced to 30.7 mm (from 30.8) for two units.

Gasoline-powered P1 cars conforming to the 2006 ACO LMP1 regulations (Dyson's two Lola B06/10s) will have an increased fuel capacity of 95 liters.

http://www.imsaracing.net/2006/competitors/cb06-12.pdf
Old 08-08-2006, 06:39 PM
96CollectorSport
Melting Slicks

Location: If you don't weigh in you don't wrestle Road America
Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Restrict the motor just before Road America, nice!

I'm sure team Corvette will overcome the extra restriction but it's just sad seeing a Aston pulling away from the Vette.

It reminds me of the last Speed GT race I saw at Road America, when the factory Audi RS6 was in the series and I watched a RS6 pull away from a Viper climbing the hill between turn 12 and 13. ???? It just seemed funny to me at the time the 4 door pulling away from a 2 seater with a V10!

All in all I hope it makes for good racing, I look forward to meeting all the guys again at RA.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:00 AM
Westwopper
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default weight

Yup... they added more weight to the vettes when I was at Salt Lake. They were up around 276 lbs from the beginning of the year I think. Just because Aston can't figure out how to make a race car, don't keep messing with the Vette. Maybe give the Aston some more wing, or a bit less weight. Not 10 L more fuel capacity.

I have a couple of good pics from Salt Lake if you guys would like them.

Regards,
Tony

Get notified of new replies

To IMSA changes effective from Mosport

Quick Reply: IMSA changes effective from Mosport