Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sebring Safemotorsports Aug. 20 Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 09:55 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Default Sebring Safemotorsports Aug. 20 Roll Call - EVENT CANCELLED, WE NEED TO SUPPORT SAFE!

*** EVENT CANCELLED *** Phil Steinberg e-mailed me last night that the event was cancelled due to insufficient drivers. We are still on for September 23 at Sebring. I told Phil I'd try to rally support from the Corvette guys. Safe is a great group that offers 7 hours of open track per event, more than any other. Please try to spread the word about Safe, we need to support our non-profit club!!

Last edited by Joe_G; 08-15-2006 at 07:58 AM.
Old 08-13-2006, 01:26 AM
taaz024
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will not have my car but might concider taking a ride out with a buddy!! Maybe a good friend with a vert. can give me a lift. Is Robert going?
Old 08-13-2006, 05:07 AM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '08

Hmm. Dunno, I hope so, since I still don't have my trailer hitch put on! I'm going to have to ask a favor since my normal tire man isn't going.

Glad you're going, that'll be fun. And Robert can use you in the passenger seat, that's not a good track to try to learn alone and he's never been there.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:27 AM
taaz024
Drifting

Tire man is going and I can work with Robert at the track. I will follow Joe out in the Morning. If anyone needs a ride or needs supplies taken out, I will have my Titan.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:24 AM
Red Gump
Race Director

guys I'm going to the bucs/fins game saturday and I'm not sure if I'm coming back late or sunday. either way I'll try to swing out and hang with you guys some.

vette has mystery ticking in the pedal, guessing it's rear end related. miata is being prepped for labor day races. so, once again, I won't be driving dammit.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:51 AM
GR8-LIFE
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As much as I would luv to see the performance of my new LPE oil cooler and oil pump (which I already sooooo happy with!), I'll have to pass. Oct will probably be my next event - maybe September. I might tail along with you guys but i know if I go, I will have mixed feelings cuz it will just make me want to get on the track
Old 08-14-2006, 11:08 AM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by MARK's_C5TT
As much as I would luv to see the performance of my new LPE oil cooler and oil pump (which I already sooooo happy with!), I'll have to pass. Oct will probably be my next event - maybe September. I might tail along with you guys but i know if I go, I will have mixed feelings cuz it will just make me want to get on the track
Didn't you buy the cooler for precisely this reason?

Hope you can make it. Always good to have the whole gang there.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:35 AM
Blocktrdr
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

I think I will be there. I got a new toy to haul the Corvette to the track.

Sadly this is the only Corvette I have in the family at the moment. The new car will probably still be on it's way back from CA next weekend so it looks like the Ferrari will be riding in the trailer. As always, I will give rides to whoever wants one though.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:56 AM
GR8-LIFE
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Joe_G
Didn't you buy the cooler for precisely this reason?

Hope you can make it. Always good to have the whole gang there.
July and August are way too hot for me. Late May or very Early June is typically the end of the season for me. Late september/early Oct begins another one.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:21 PM
GR8-LIFE
Team Owner

Originally Posted by taaz024
I will not have my car but might concider taking a ride out with a buddy!! Maybe a good friend with a vert. can give me a lift. Is Robert going?
whats doing with you car Mike?
Old 08-14-2006, 08:25 PM
wanttospeed
Racer

Mike, I want to see you take the titan on the track. If you loose forth gear, then we know it's the driver, not the car.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:34 PM
Blocktrdr
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

I might be able to help with rides there if necessary as well. Should have plans more firm tomorrow.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:45 PM
Dr Chill
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I might catch a ride with Mike or Mike. Let's think--F430 Spyder or Titan? Hey Eric, if I bring my Hans mounts, can you install them for me?
Old 08-15-2006, 07:54 AM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '08

Default Bad News - Event Cancelled - We Need To Support Safemotorsports!!

I never received registration information so I e-mailed Phil. He responded that the event was cancelled due to insufficient number of drivers.

I told Phil I'd try to rally more support for Safemotorsports. Maybe we can do a cruise to the next event or something to bring in some new blood to Safe (what do you think Mike (Taaz024)???. I don't understand how Chin can fill events with a waiting list and Safe is cancelling events due to no interest.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:37 AM
Red Gump
Race Director

I don't understand how Chin can fill events with a waiting list and Safe is cancelling events due to no interest.
management, marketing and an open track/passing test day. dr. chin has staff and runs his program for profit, phil doesn't have that luxury.

bill, no problemo--I was very nervous taking a drill to my helmet but after measuring/marking, it was very easy. 1" from the bottom, 6" from the center on either side. 3/8" bit I think. I have the tool if your kit didn't come with one. I loktited (sp?) mine but I don't think you have to.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:36 AM
GR8-LIFE
Team Owner

sorry about the cancellation guys. There is a chance I will be there on 9/23. Maybe we can hang out somewhere locally together for lunch or something.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:09 AM
GR8-LIFE
Team Owner

I never received registration information so I e-mailed Phil. He responded that the event was cancelled due to insufficient number of drivers.

I told Phil I'd try to rally more support for Safemotorsports. Maybe we can do a cruise to the next event or something to bring in some new blood to Safe (what do you think Mike (Taaz024)???. I don't understand how Chin can fill events with a waiting list and Safe is cancelling events due to no interest.
for some reason new blood comes in but doesnt stay. CHIN has so may members nowadays that they always have a full roster for an event. And yes, like gump said, marketing, which also ties into the WEB SITE Look, is crucial.

If SAFE spent a little more time with WEB development and email marketing, I think they would do better. But again, they are an NPO so its up to us guys. I wish I could but i'm a DBA/System Administrator, not a WEB developer. GANZ knows a little about WEB development but even his specialty as a Network/System Administrator is closer to what I do. Plus, we all know Ganz is in his own "musical" world nowadays and the little time that he has for the many other things that he likes to do

I know I at one time spent alot of time trying to recruit, especially on the Bimmer forums. I think I have brought in a total of 5 members so far. And Mike Clark has had some great ideas/methods to try and recuit as well. But hey, roadracing isnt a cheap hobby. Its not like Moroso where you can spend $20 and maybe ever now and then shell out some money for some new rubber.

Get notified of new replies

To Sebring Safemotorsports Aug. 20 Roll Call

Quick Reply: Sebring Safemotorsports Aug. 20 Roll Call