Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Raceing seat fitment??

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 04:10 AM
BMERETR
Keep The Shiny Sine Up
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Raceing seat fitment??

are there any seats that i need to avoid because of fitment?
or poor build quality
thanks
Old 08-21-2006, 05:15 AM
Lancer033
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the biggest seat I've heard of getting in is the Sparco Evo 3 w/ Garry's seatmount. Anything smaller than that and you should be safe as long as you fit in it (A lot of guys don't fit in my Evo).
Old 08-21-2006, 07:38 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Sit in as many seats as you can. You may like some you may not like some.

Dont get a seat just because of a 'NAME' get one that fits you and fits you very snugg. Dont want a sloppy seat.

Personally I wanted very good rib and thigh support, then shoulder.

I have an Ultra-Shield 13" alumium seat on Hard Bar set rails

Next seat will be a ButlerBuilt.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:51 AM
FasterIsBetter
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BMERETR
are there any seats that i need to avoid because of fitment?
or poor build quality
thanks
The answer is yes and yes. Many seats will not fit in a C5 because of the width of the cockpit and the center console. Unless you are buying one that others have already confirmed will fit, be sure to actually try it in the car before you buy it. And remember to close the door. Many seats are just too wide. The Sparco Evo seats seem to fit, as do the Carravaggio, Kirkey, Butler Built, etc., but you need to be careful on the sizing. A number of the Corbeau seats do not fit, you must try them for size.

If you want a full-out racing seat, be sure to get one that is FIA certified. Also depends on what you want it for. Drag seats are different from road racing seats which are different from rally seats. So know what you are using it for. Avoid really cheap seats or ones that the seat back folds down if you are actually tracking or racing the car.

Last comment -- regular seat brackets don't work in the C5. You need to either get a seat that will work with the stock seat rails, or buy a special mounting kit. Gary from Hardbar sells a nice mounting kit that will work with most seats. Check with him. Corbeau also makes a special C5 mounting bracket onto which you can mount most seats or mounting rails. Sparco may make a specialize C5 bracket, but I have not seen it. The "universal" sliders and mounting kits won't work in a C5.

Hope that help.

p.s. Do a forum search on "racing seats". There are dozens of threads with people talking about what seats fit and which ones don't.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:08 PM
BMERETR
Keep The Shiny Sine Up
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the info

Get notified of new replies

To Raceing seat fitment??

Quick Reply: Raceing seat fitment??