Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Julies driving lesson, with our C5 on the trailer

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 06:47 AM
Allthrottleandsomebottle
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts
Virginia Events Coordinator
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Default Julies driving lesson, with our C5 on the trailer

Put our coupe on the trailer to find the load center, checked it, took it for a drive and gave Julie her 1st trailer driving lesson

I did roll a Herculiner one gallon Brush-on Floor Liner Kit on the trailer.....worked like a champ
Old 08-21-2006, 07:34 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Looks Great.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:16 PM
2000BSME
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Is that a tilting trailer? I've been wondering about ground clearance on my lowered vette with that kind of trailer.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:01 PM
MOOELLA
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Looks Great.

Hi Tom,

After last year of driving two cars to CMP, we thought this was the smart thing to do this year. Sorry we'll miss you in Oct...we are going to CMP with our local club (Ratpack Motorsports (RPM)) in Sept. Hope to run with you again soon!

JJ!

(Even though the race in Sept is for points...I'm mainly going for what you always say we need: SEAT TIME, SEAT TIME, SEAT TIME!!!!)
Old 08-21-2006, 07:31 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BLONDE C5
Hi Tom,

After last year of driving two cars to CMP, we thought this was the smart thing to do this year. Sorry we'll miss you in Oct...we are going to CMP with our local club (Ratpack Motorsports (RPM)) in Sept. Hope to run with you again soon!

JJ!

(Even though the race in Sept is for points...I'm mainly going for what you always say we need: SEAT TIME, SEAT TIME, SEAT TIME!!!!)

So you will run for points but you will not hang with us - what a bummer
Old 08-21-2006, 08:22 PM
Allthrottleandsomebottle
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Originally Posted by 2000BSME
Is that a tilting trailer?

It,s the 18' car hauler from http://www.ssitrailers.com/default.html with pump and hand control.
Ours are lowered & I put a 2 x 6 about 3' long just to keep the lower splash guards from deforming to much.
Tows very well and I just need to put shocks on it to make it perfect
Old 08-21-2006, 08:37 PM
MOOELLA
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by varkwso
So you will run for points but you will not hang with us - what a bummer

Awwww, Jeff.....you should feel proud. Your student is going off to race and show what awesome skills she learned from her instructor!

(AND, I asked YOU to come hang with us, but you said you couldn't due to a family commitment!!)

JJ!
Old 08-22-2006, 05:31 AM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Awwww, Jeff.....you should feel proud. Your student is going off to race and show what awesome skills she learned from her instructor!

(AND, I asked YOU to come hang with us, but you said you couldn't due to a family commitment!!)

JJ!

Geez - I hate it when you point out facts - I do wish I could make it over for the CMP event.

Hope to see you guys - with all your neat new toys soon! Your car is still the automatic C5 standard I use.

jeff
Old 08-22-2006, 07:11 AM
Allthrottleandsomebottle
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
NCM Ambassador

We will see you again Jeff, to bad work gets in the way for us to be full time tire testers
And to bad you will miss us.............I was going to get you to drive the coupe with JJ as a passenger so you can show her how hot to get the hoosiers
Old 08-22-2006, 07:35 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Hi Tom,

JJ!
Hey J

That is OK just go get them.

Rember the NCM will be at VIR-full in June of 07
Old 08-22-2006, 08:02 AM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In II Veteran

Looks great! I just added a sway control to my rig and it is the best $60 you can spend. When that baby starts swaying on a downhill at 70 MPH you will need a change in undergarments.
http://kearbey.homestead.com/swaycontrol.html , but any RV place sells them and it was a very easy install with a load distributing hitch.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:12 AM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Looks great steve... that truck has headers too right!
Old 08-22-2006, 05:33 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by ALLTHROTTLE&NOBOTTLE
We will see you again Jeff, to bad work gets in the way for us to be full time tire testers
And to bad you will miss us.............I was going to get you to drive the coupe with JJ as a passenger so you can show her how hot to get the hoosiers
My Carbotechs showed up today so we will have two cars at CMP this weekend to see how many more tires I can kill off! I must admit I have enjoyed having new track tires......

CMP will definitely warm them up....
Old 08-22-2006, 08:34 PM
MOOELLA
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Geez - I hate it when you point out facts - I do wish I could make it over for the CMP event.

Hope to see you guys - with all your neat new toys soon! Your car is still the automatic C5 standard I use.

jeff
See, I DO actually listen to you!
I'll let you drive my coupe next time I see you (and I don't usually let ANYONE drive my car, except for Steve, of course. Gotta keep my pit crew happy!)

Julie!
Old 08-22-2006, 08:37 PM
MOOELLA
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

My Carbotechs showed up today so we will have two cars at CMP this weekend to see how many more tires I can kill off! I must admit I have enjoyed having new track tires......

CMP will definitely warm them up....
Would I want Carbotechs instead of the Z06 pads? I used those last time with no problem....and still had some pad left!

JJ!

P.S. I'm looking forward to being on the Hoosiers....just heat cycling them (as a passenger!!!) was fun!
Old 08-22-2006, 08:54 PM
MOOELLA
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Hey J

That is OK just go get them.

Rember the NCM will be at VIR-full in June of 07

We definitely plan on being at the VIR event! (Really sorry that we can't do CMP with y'all. It gets a little expensive with 2 racers in the family! I wonder if Steve will ever regret wanting me to learn to race!!)

If Jeff (varkwso) will have me, I hope I get him as an instructor at VIR......however I don't know who the heck you will get to ride with Steve!!! Maybe Danny Popp will be available for him this time!!

Last edited by MOOELLA; 08-22-2006 at 09:01 PM.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:12 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Would I want Carbotechs instead of the Z06 pads? I used those last time with no problem....and still had some pad left!

JJ!

P.S. I'm looking forward to being on the Hoosiers....just heat cycling them (as a passenger!!!) was fun!

I like the ZO6 pads an awful lot and have went thru a bunch of sets from low mile takeoffs from friends cars. I have had XP8s on my ZO6 since last November at Barber and finally killed them off at VIR in Jul - that has been a bunch of track days since then with excellent performance. I like them better but they put a hurting on you to buy compared to ZO6 pads (~$300 set vs ~$160 set).

I managed to taper the set of ZO6 pads on the FRC at Sebring in April and they are a bit of bother to deal with (pedal movement) but still not to the backing plate yet so I keep them on......cheap engineer syndrome I think!

We definitely plan on being at the VIR event! (Really sorry that we can't do CMP with y'all. It gets a little expensive with 2 racers in the family! I wonder if Steve will ever regret wanting me to learn to race!!)

If Jeff (varkowso) will have me, I hope I get him as an instructor at VIR......however I don't know who the heck you will get to ride with Steve!!! Maybe Danny Popp will be available for him this time!!
Tell me about two racers - I am looking for a third FRC or ZO6 so I can get son number 2 on the track starting in Dec - it is only money and I sure have fun running with them on the track. I started them both as crew chiefs and gofers.....now the plus is Jake is doing most of the brake jobs and suspension work - life is good

I will gladly instruct you at VIR (or any other track for that matter)...and the added bonus of getting to drive your coupe - life does not get any better! Maybe we can get you some third pedal instruction!
Old 08-22-2006, 09:44 PM
MOOELLA
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Thanks for the info on the pads....as I suspected, the Carbotechs are the $$$$ ones!!

Good luck on getting a car for son #2....it's great having racing as a 'family affair'!

Look forward to racing with you again.....and I'd love to drive your Z06!! I CAN drive a stick!!! (I just don't own any!!!)

I'll make sure to let you know how I do this time at CMP. Can't wait!

Julie!
Old 08-23-2006, 06:48 AM
Allthrottleandsomebottle
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
NCM Ambassador

All right Jeff............now you have her talking brake pads
I am getting the Z06s for $111...........so far with no brake issues I can't find a better pad for the $$$ that works as good as these do.
3 is always better
VIR
Brian, yup headers.....
Gary, this truck has an OEM trailer package that is pretty darn good.
I have yet to get any sway with anything on the back at speed, but I am putting a set of these on to keep the truck 1-2" higher in the back
http://www.timbren.com/timbren-appli...s/GMRCK15S.pdf
Lot-o-happy users and the engineering behind it makes sense

Get notified of new replies

To Julies driving lesson, with our C5 on the trailer

Quick Reply: Julies driving lesson, with our C5 on the trailer