Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tulsa, OK Body & Paint Shop Recommendation Needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 08:02 PM
rikhek
Safety Car

Received 860 Likes on 393 Posts

Default Tulsa, OK Body & Paint Shop Recommendation Needed

Had a run in with a tire wall today at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit. Recommendations on who can fix the body and paint to HIGH standards in Tulsa, OK would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Rick
Old 08-26-2006, 08:56 PM
rikhek
Safety Car

Received 860 Likes on 393 Posts

Might as well explain as I know someone is going to ask....

Open track day at Hallett today. Cracked the front facia, left front & rear fenders and the rear facia. Passenger door as well. Not terribly bad but quite a few cracks and body panel "misalignments'. I thought it would be much worse considering the speed I was carrying and how hard I hit. Tires were flying everywhere. Track photographer caught it on about six sequence shots. He happened to be right there. I didn't buy any photos from him as I really don't want to see it again.

Lost it at better than 80 mph cresting the hill before turn 9 (i.e., coming into "the bitch"). Spun and into the tires. Lost the rear end. Not pretty but could have been worse.

No damage to me or my son who was riding with me. No damage to the car other than cosmetic. Happened in the second session. Drug it off the tires and ran the rest of the day, three more sessions.

No excuse other than trying to shave some time and lost it....driver error.

Rick

Last edited by rikhek; 08-27-2006 at 11:07 AM.

Quick Reply: Tulsa, OK Body & Paint Shop Recommendation Needed