Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn One at CMP past weekend

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 09:04 AM
WNDOPDLR
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Turn One at CMP past weekend

Great weekend for those that came. The weather stayed dry all weekend, although it was a little warm-after all it is summer in the South. Corvettes were well represented with a couple new drivers, couple new cars, and some of the track regulars. Varkswo and his son were there as instructors and Falcon showed up on Saturday just to shake down his car one last time before the NASA Nationals. My son came along for his first DE and we were pleased to have Jeff as an instructor for him. We had a new C6 ZO6 on track both days with about 500 miles on it. Never got the guys name, but the car was well driven. This was not his first dance. We also had a noobie from the Columbia, SC area in a C4 who had some autocrossing experience and was making the tranisition to DE's. By Sunday afternoon, I believe he was a convert.

We had plenty of run time with about 2 hours each day. I left before the end of the day with mechanical gremlins, but to the best of my knowledge, everybody came home in one piece and still shiney if somewhat dusty. I'm hoping Jeff will chime in with his excellant write up, as usual.

Turn One did a very good job with organization and safety, and along with ample run time, you couldn't ask for more.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:54 AM
Allthrottleandsomebottle
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts
Virginia Events Coordinator
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Old 08-28-2006, 12:33 PM
MOOELLA
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Jeff is the BEST!! (very patient)......I'm not biased or anything...he just taught me well, and my car is still in one piece! (and so am I!!!)

Glad you had a good experience!!!

Julie!
Old 08-28-2006, 05:57 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BLONDE C5
Jeff is the BEST!! (very patient)......I'm not biased or anything...he just taught me well, and my car is still in one piece! (and so am I!!!)

Glad you had a good experience!!!

Julie!

Thanks Julie! I posted "Hot August Days" without scrolling all the way down here about this weekend.

Get notified of new replies

To Turn One at CMP past weekend

Quick Reply: Turn One at CMP past weekend