Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Wheel and Tire Emergency Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 08:30 PM
vettejockey
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C6 Wheel and Tire Emergency Help

I am going to the track this weekend and I would like to get Sticky Tires for my C6 with the Z51 package. They don't make sticky tires to fit my 19X10 inch rear's. I will be buying new rims and tires I just need info on what everyone is doing. It is unbelievable there is not more choices. If they had made my rims bigger and the fenders wider this would be no problem.

I am thinking I will need 18X10.5 or 11 inch rears I just don't want to hae an issue with the active handling or traction control. My current tires are 1.2 inch's differentce in size so I am thinking I will need something close in size. Any help would be appreciated I talked to Tire Rack today and they said they needed to get back to me they weren't even sure.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:37 PM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Can't help you with exact recommendations. It might help to post in the C6 sections also. There is a member VELOCITY that has just recently purchased rims and tires for his car to run at the track. He can give you some direct help. If you search for one of his posts, you can IM him.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:21 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

C5 can run same front and rear not sure on the C6 guessing the same. Hoosier has a 315/40 x 19 but 10" rim is kind of small. Someone must have done it before you. I think you'll find the answer.

https://www.hoosiertire.com/rrtire.htm check what is available there or call Hoosier and they may have an idea. They are very helpful.

Last edited by John Shiels; 08-28-2006 at 09:23 PM.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:36 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On my list of things to do for my C6 Z51:
- Call CCW and order 18x10+18x11 with Toyo RA1s 275F / 305R

Complete Custom Wheel <ccwheel@gmail.com>
http://www.ccwheel.com/

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Wheel and Tire Emergency Help

Quick Reply: C6 Wheel and Tire Emergency Help