Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'02 ZO6 shocks

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 07:12 PM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Default '02 ZO6 shocks

I have a set of these from another car (very low milage), that ugraded to the T-1 kit, sitting on my shelf and I was wondering if there is any benefit from these over the '99 Z51 shocks I have on my FRC? In particular I am looking for more rebound dampening. I figure if the '02's are different I might as well clear my shelf and put them on my car, but if not I don't want to waste my time. I'd rather wait until I get some better aftermarket ones.

thanks,
-V
Old 09-05-2006, 08:57 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by trackboss
I have a set of these from another car (very low milage), that ugraded to the T-1 kit, sitting on my shelf and I was wondering if there is any benefit from these over the '99 Z51 shocks I have on my FRC? In particular I am looking for more rebound dampening. I figure if the '02's are different I might as well clear my shelf and put them on my car, but if not I don't want to waste my time. I'd rather wait until I get some better aftermarket ones.

thanks,
-V

I put 04 ZO6 shocks on my 99 FRC to replace some wore out Bilsteins - I liked them. I have been real happy with my 02 ZO6 shocks on my 02 ZO6 though I plan to replace (37k miles) with some newly rebuilt Bilsteins!
Old 09-05-2006, 11:38 PM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,394 Likes on 747 Posts

I went from stock Z51 shocks on my FRC to '04 Z06 shocks. Although valved somewhat differently than the '02s, I think you'll see a positive difference.

The main difference I saw was the car staying more settled over bumps and dips. I don't know enough about shock science to say why, but they do work well. I'd expect the '02s to be very similar.

HTH, and have a good one,
Mike

Get notified of new replies

To '02 ZO6 shocks

Quick Reply: '02 ZO6 shocks