Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roebling Road repaving project???

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 01:25 PM
vms4evr
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Roebling Road repaving project???

Ok so it was supposed to be closed Jul/Aug for repaving.

I just heard from a friend that it never happened due to some investor/$$$ issues. And that they have now secured another investor so it will get repaved, but not sure when.

Does anyone have more details on what is going on with that track?

Graham
Old 09-19-2006, 01:32 PM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I heard from Henry Gilbert (Corvette Driving experience), it's done and ready to be raced on!
Old 09-19-2006, 07:38 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 711 Likes on 492 Posts

NASA's site say's they are running on the new pavement this weekend. Don't know.....
Old 09-19-2006, 08:34 PM
MazdaRob
Instructor

Someone gave you some bum information apparently, you just can't believe everything you read on the internet
Old 09-19-2006, 10:27 PM
vms4evr
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MazdaRob
Someone gave you some bum information apparently, you just can't believe everything you read on the internet
Yes I'll know better than to listen to you damned Mazda guys!!!

Well you can forget the autox event now. Guess where I'm going in November
Old 09-20-2006, 12:22 PM
jwt1603
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 196 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
NASA's site say's they are running on the new pavement this weekend. Don't know.....
And we're hosting a NCCC event Thanksgiving weekend there and they have told us it's all done.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:31 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by davidfarmer

I am running the new pavement 29 Sep -1Oct.....
Old 09-22-2006, 09:25 AM
sgsvette
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

We just finished doing a 2 day driving school and an open test day after the school on the newly paved Roebling Road track. Guys, you will absolutely love the new pavement! Smooth as silk and the tires love it. Not the old tire eater we were all used to for years, now you can hardly see any tire wear after many hard laps. Lap times have fallen an average of about 1 1/2 seconds per lap! They did a great job and the whole place has been re-painted and has a very fresh look. As I was leaving yesterday, all the SCCA gang running this weekends SARRC invitational were coming in steadily. They expect a huge car count so lots of rubber will be laid down over the weekend.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:59 AM
Timz06
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Cool, did they open the new toilets?
Old 09-23-2006, 10:03 PM
NASA SE Jim
Advanced

Default Instructors needed - Roebling Road Rumble, Sep 30 - Oct 1

We need instructors at Roebling Road Rumble on Sept 30-Oct 1! Try out the new track surface with us! Our HPDE 1 & 2 groups are almost full and we need instructors for them! Instructors will get free track time, free lunches and a large free party on Saturday nite!

https://www.nasaproracing.com/nasa_e.../?event_id=402

For more details about the event:
http://www.nasa-se.com/2006Sep30.html

Instructors can also compete in NASA time trials for prizes. See you at the track!
Old 09-25-2006, 02:08 PM
Racer-38
Racer

I just raced this weekend in the SE Div. Championships (the S.I.C).the track is beautiful..smooth as silk. But in the second qualifying session alot of different cars with different tires and different setups had tremendous problems with the left front tire. I blistered a brand new Goodyear slick, a T1 corvette blistered and literally ripped apart a Brand new Kumho and an A sedan had the same problem with a set of Hoosiers. I replaced my left front with a tire that had 5 heat cycles on it...It still blistered during the race...so did the T1 cars. No one seemed to know why all of a sudden it was happening or really what was the best way to correct it. Some said more pressure..some said less.....but thats racing isn't it. Maybe after a couple more groups run the problem will go away. But if you are going there in the next month keep an eye out on the left front tire.

Oh..by the way...same sh*tty bathrooms...but they did paint the outside
Old 09-25-2006, 02:27 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer-38
I just raced this weekend in the SE Div. Championships (the S.I.C).the track is beautiful..smooth as silk. But in the second qualifying session alot of different cars with different tires and different setups had tremendous problems with the left front tire. I blistered a brand new Goodyear slick, a T1 corvette blistered and literally ripped apart a Brand new Kumho and an A sedan had the same problem with a set of Hoosiers. I replaced my left front with a tire that had 5 heat cycles on it...It still blistered during the race...so did the T1 cars. No one seemed to know why all of a sudden it was happening or really what was the best way to correct it. Some said more pressure..some said less.....but thats racing isn't it. Maybe after a couple more groups run the problem will go away. But if you are going there in the next month keep an eye out on the left front tire.

Oh..by the way...same sh*tty bathrooms...but they did paint the outside
Hey Bob,

Did you run your T1 car or the black one?

BTW, I looked for you in the paddock at M-O last Sunday and you'd packed up and gone, what happened?

Jody
Old 09-25-2006, 03:29 PM
racerwannabe
Pro

St. Jude Donor '06

Default hey falcon

you going to savannah??? i'm wondering what to set alignment at to combat a ruined left front tire...
johnny
Old 09-25-2006, 03:36 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Blistering or reversion can happen when the race tire is too hot. Most likely from too high a cold air pressure or too much pressure build up during the use causing the tread to overheat. and from too much slidding.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:13 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by racerwannabe
you going to savannah??? i'm wondering what to set alignment at to combat a ruined left front tire...
johnny
I can't make it Johnny. We're doing some remodeling around the house and I have to stick around to make sure my wife doesn't sell the stuff out of the garage or have it made over into a kitchern addition.

As far as alignment setting, I have no idea. I would suspect as much negative camber as possible to prevent the outside of the tire from overheating, and like Tom said, watch the pressures.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:29 PM
94ZR1#444
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Timz06
Cool, did they open the new toilets?
Well, did they???
Old 09-25-2006, 09:51 PM
Timz06
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm heading up this weekend. I still say fire the track manager and open the toilets!

Sucks about the tires, I was hoping it would be better on tires now...I'll bring some extras for the weekend!

Get notified of new replies

To Roebling Road repaving project???

Old 09-25-2006, 10:15 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Timz06
I'm heading up this weekend. I still say fire the track manager and open the toilets!

Sucks about the tires, I was hoping it would be better on tires now...I'll bring some extras for the weekend!
I will be there about 6 PM pn Thursday. Saves the long drive on Friday AM.

I will bring the wore out tires I have!
Old 09-26-2006, 11:13 AM
Racer-38
Racer

Jody..
I ran the Black Z06 at Savannah. I qualified on the pole with a 1.13.111. Car was running really strong.
As for Mid Ohio. As you know I had problems all week long. In the final qualifying race the high pressure hose came off the p/s pump as I was going thru maddness....no more steering...I barely made it thru the turn
and the p/s fluid ignited on the exhaust sending fire out the back of the car. So...after almost burning down...I took it as an omen..packed up and went home!!!!!
BTW....ALL TOILETS ARE OPEN AND WORKING AT ROEBLING

Bob
Old 09-26-2006, 11:26 AM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Racer-38
Jody..
I ran the Black Z06 at Savannah. I qualified on the pole with a 1.13.111. Car was running really strong.
As for Mid Ohio. As you know I had problems all week long. In the final qualifying race the high pressure hose came off the p/s pump as I was going thru maddness....no more steering...I barely made it thru the turn
and the p/s fluid ignited on the exhaust sending fire out the back of the car. So...after almost burning down...I took it as an omen..packed up and went home!!!!!

Bob
Dayum! I didn't know about the power steering/fire issue. We were sitting up on the hill at Keyhole waiting for you to come passed during the VVC race and never saw you, then we rode down through the paddock a little later and you were gone. Man, that was a tough trip for you. You probably made the smart decision in packing up.

You sure got it fixed fast to be back on track at Roebling the next weekend. 1:13.XX is a helluva time! Congratulations!

Quick Reply: Roebling Road repaving project???