Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clicking sound coming from driver rear tire area???

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 01:50 AM
SCEMO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clicking sound coming from driver rear tire area???

I think it is coming from the endlink. I have T1 bars with the T1 endlinks and they use to be noisy ... but after greasing them up the noises stopped. Then after a track day I began to hear this click noise that seems to happen when there is weight transfering to either the front or the rear. It has now gotten worse ... escalating to two clicks and now also does it when the car is tilted to the right or left side. Putting new endlinks on the car to see if that remedys the problem would be a good start. But I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:25 AM
Jason
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7 Veteran

Is your car lowered? Do you have wheel weights on the inside lip of the rim? I was once clipping the wheel weight on the corner of my rear spring under full compression. Drove me nuts until I finally saw the lead weight pretty much destroyed. Something to check anyway.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:44 PM
SCEMO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 03Ragtop
Is your car lowered? Do you have wheel weights on the inside lip of the rim? I was once clipping the wheel weight on the corner of my rear spring under full compression. Drove me nuts until I finally saw the lead weight pretty much destroyed. Something to check anyway.
My wheel weights were gone ... but they've sinse been replaced. Even with the majority of the weights gone (only three were left) the clicking was there.

Get notified of new replies

To Clicking sound coming from driver rear tire area???

Quick Reply: Clicking sound coming from driver rear tire area???