Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCCA Solo ASP Mod Question

Old 09-23-2006, 09:18 PM
Webz
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SCCA Solo ASP Mod Question

I am new to autocrossing this year and have a few questions about allowable modifications in the ASP (A Street Prepared) class. I run a 00 coupe with bolt on mods.

1) Do the rules allow a complete engine swap from an OEM LS1 engine to an OEM LS6 (Z06) engine and still be ASP elligible?

2) Do the rules allow a cam and head swap from an OEM LS1 to an OEM LS6 (Z06) cam and heads?

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks
Old 09-24-2006, 12:40 AM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Webz
I am new to autocrossing this year and have a few questions about allowable modifications in the ASP (A Street Prepared) class. I run a 00 coupe with bolt on mods.

1) Do the rules allow a complete engine swap from an OEM LS1 engine to an OEM LS6 (Z06) engine and still be ASP elligible?

2) Do the rules allow a cam and head swap from an OEM LS1 to an OEM LS6 (Z06) cam and heads?

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks
Len,
Answer to question 1......Yes, answer to question 2.....No , but it would be hard to police such a thing, especially on a local basis. The correct "legal" way to do it would be as an engine assy. The LS6 block has better oil windage as the ventilation system had somewhat changed.
Lets program your car this week/weekend that will cure some of your wanting of the new motor. We'll gain at least 20 rwhp of the power your are missing
The kid and I put that Ferrari together, thanks we both enjoyed it.
Old 09-24-2006, 04:23 PM
Webz
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RAFTRACER
Len,
Answer to question 1......Yes, answer to question 2.....No , but it would be hard to police such a thing, especially on a local basis. The correct "legal" way to do it would be as an engine assy. The LS6 block has better oil windage as the ventilation system had somewhat changed.
Lets program your car this week/weekend that will cure some of your wanting of the new motor. We'll gain at least 20 rwhp of the power your are missing
The kid and I put that Ferrari together, thanks we both enjoyed it.
Danny,

Hope everything is going well with your son.

Although a new motor would be nice that's not in the plans. I was more trying to get a handle on if/why one is allowable while the other is not. I'll drop the car off sometime Monday. When are you thinking about the SS brakelines and Castrol brake fluid?

Len

Get notified of new replies

To SCCA Solo ASP Mod Question

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SCCA Solo ASP Mod Question