Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wife bought me a half day at the Bertil Roos Driving School

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 02:10 PM
spicoli25
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wife bought me a half day at the Bertil Roos Driving School

Has anyone been to the Poconos and had this course? From the web site it is going to be very exciting. Going this saturday. Cant wait!

Jeff
Old 09-27-2006, 07:57 PM
fmrfast
Racer

I have known Dennis since the days out at Bridghampton.
I turned to Dennis when 2 stops on the EMRA race schedule included the oval at Nazareth before it closed. A C4 on the oval at Nazareth (no infield)was interesting & FAST!... I learned alot from Dennis & crew about driving an oval.

I am not the biggest fan of Pocono, however Dennis & crew will teach you alot, Feedback from other drivers give them the thumbs up. They do a great job! 1/2 day will have you looking for more!! The Formula C's they use have no driver aids & no synchros in the gear box, once you get used to them & their handling potential they are so much fun to drive. Keep an open mind & a willingness to learn & you will have a blast.

Frank R.

Chief Time Trial Instructor (EMRA) Eastern Motor Racing Association.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:22 PM
vms4evr
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did a half-day with them at VIR on South course. You'll have a blast! It's like a big go-kart!

My biggest problem was the non-synchro gearbox. Those cars are pretty ragged out and they do not shift smoothly. The brakes are ok but nearly as good as I had hoped. But they are a lot of fun to drive.

It will give you a different perspective after driving a Vette on track. You have no torque. These are momentum cars. The ride is bumpy to say the least. You will become intimately knowledgeable of every pebble on the track. The seats have no padding. No power anything, no ABS, no AH/TC. It's all you driving that car buddy.

I did a somewhat lengthy write up for the local car club I'm a member of about how the day goes. If you're interested I can dig it up and post it here.

It's a lot like going to an HPDE.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:19 AM
spicoli25
Racer

Originally Posted by vms4evr
I did a half-day with them at VIR on South course. You'll have a blast! It's like a big go-kart!

My biggest problem was the non-synchro gearbox. Those cars are pretty ragged out and they do not shift smoothly. The brakes are ok but nearly as good as I had hoped. But they are a lot of fun to drive.

It will give you a different perspective after driving a Vette on track. You have no torque. These are momentum cars. The ride is bumpy to say the least. You will become intimately knowledgeable of every pebble on the track. The seats have no padding. No power anything, no ABS, no AH/TC. It's all you driving that car buddy.

I did a somewhat lengthy write up for the local car club I'm a member of about how the day goes. If you're interested I can dig it up and post it here.

It's a lot like going to an HPDE.
Thanks, Would love to read the write up. Hopefully it wont be to cramp inside the car. I am 5'11" and 218 lbs. When were you there?

Jeff

Get notified of new replies

To Wife bought me a half day at the Bertil Roos Driving School

Quick Reply: Wife bought me a half day at the Bertil Roos Driving School