Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Intake...Confusing

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 08:26 PM
ShockerC6
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Intake...Confusing

I was just about ready to order a Honker tonight! Right now! But...after reading so much stuff, I am now really confused. I have a C6 with Z51. Even my track event buds each say something different. Who has proven fact or are they all just about the same?
Old 10-05-2006, 08:48 PM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't speak from experience, but they are all basically the same design with exception for the Vararam which takes in cold air from the bottom. I would say make your choice on product you know you'll get the most support from if you have trouble. I am sure they are all within 1 or 2 hp of eachother, so use one with a well know name that you can call or e-mail. I got a Halltech and while I had no issues, I have seen many talk directly to the owner on this forum and praise him for his support.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:49 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,961 Likes on 5,347 Posts

I would stay away from a cold air unit. Track events run rain or shine and if you want to get your money's worth you will be driving in the rain. At Pocono I have run through some huge puddles that would have drowned the engine if I had a cold air intake and there are places at Watkins Glen where the water runs across the track deep enough to be considered a puddle. So far this year I have run in the rain 3 days and last year I ran 2 days in the rain. Not worth the extra risk for a couple of non-documented horses.

Bill

Get notified of new replies

To Air Intake...Confusing

Quick Reply: Air Intake...Confusing