Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PFC - Z Pads ... where to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 12:16 PM
rbl
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default PFC - Z Pads ... where to buy?

I can't seem to find the Z rated pads anymore. Anyone know who sells these?
Old 10-06-2006, 12:33 PM
94ZR1#444
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rbl
I can't seem to find the Z rated pads anymore. Anyone know who sells these?
PFC.....

The last and only pair I ever got was at AutoZone.

See ya on the track.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:12 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

We have a set of
731 Zrated
732 zrated

Which are for the C5 front and rear.

Randy
www.dougrippie.com
Old 10-06-2006, 07:13 PM
steponc
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Default PFC Z Pads

MSI, a supporting vendor, had them for sale not long ago. I bought extra sets to put on the shelf because they said PFC may not make them or they only make a certain amount each run.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:52 AM
rbl
Drifting

Thanks all.

I called PFC and they said the pad was not popular so they only make them in Q = 100 sets at a time!
Old 10-07-2006, 11:27 PM
FastZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Autozone is where I bought mine.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:12 PM
Aaron Pfadt
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08
Autocross & Roadrace Forum Sponsor

I've never run the PFC Zs, but I understand they are a dual purpose pad. I recommend Hawk HP Plus pads for my customers who can't make the Z06 pads work with their driving style. They have good initial bite and work well even cold making for a decent street pad. They are readily available from a bunch of places including Summit Racing if I remember correctly. Might be a good choice if the PFC Zs go away.

-Aaron
Old 10-08-2006, 07:35 PM
Bluewasp
Race Director

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts
NoVa Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '14

www.autozone.com
Old 10-09-2006, 09:01 AM
rbl
Drifting

Originally Posted by Aaron Pfadt
I've never run the PFC Zs, but I understand they are a dual purpose pad. I recommend Hawk HP Plus pads for my customers who can't make the Z06 pads work with their driving style. They have good initial bite and work well even cold making for a decent street pad. They are readily available from a bunch of places including Summit Racing if I remember correctly. Might be a good choice if the PFC Zs go away.

-Aaron
Thanks, I may have to go that route. Autozone dropped PFC about a year ago so MSI is about the only show in town now.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:47 AM
0C5stein
Former Vendor

Yes we still stock them. We think that they are the best all around brake pad for the C5 & C6 currently available. It is a good track dy pad and an excellent street pad.

Performance Friction dropped all automotive "Z-rated" pads last year as they found that the High coeffecient of friction, higher heat range and low noise and low dust was also what many of their medium duty fleet truck operators liked. The problem was that there are alot more trucks out there needing these pads that there are 1997 and newer Corvettes, and they didn't have enough capacity on that line.

We, and our customers, like the "Z-rated" pads so well that we place large production orders for them through out the year. I think we are the only company still buying these from PFC. Of course we need to buy them in quantities of 100 fronts and 100 rears at a time to get any at all.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:31 AM
freefall
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Autozone has pfc still. Actually, I asked OG Racing the same question - looking for a set for my truck. They talked to PFC - sounds like they discontinued them, but have revised the compound for their carbo-metallic pads (used to be a part number with trailing .20, new compound is .22) to make them very similar to the -z pads.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:41 PM
rbl
Drifting

Originally Posted by freefall
Autozone has pfc still. Actually, I asked OG Racing the same question - looking for a set for my truck. They talked to PFC - sounds like they discontinued them, but have revised the compound for their carbo-metallic pads (used to be a part number with trailing .20, new compound is .22) to make them very similar to the -z pads.
I called PFC and talked with one of their race guys. He said there is no difference between a xxx.20 and a xxx.22 pad other than the box and their computer system. They are the same standard carbon metallic pad ... and the Z rated pad is still a special order with a Q=100 minimum. They were not popular so they are not willing to make them for stock.

So, it looks like PFC-Z is off the list and we will have to look for another compromise pad. Too bad since the Z pad was very good and could be bought for $105 a set for the fronts.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:24 PM
0C5stein
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by rbl
I called PFC and talked with one of their race guys. He said there is no difference between a xxx.20 and a xxx.22 pad other than the box and their computer system. They are the same standard carbon metallic pad ... and the Z rated pad is still a special order with a Q=100 minimum. They were not popular so they are not willing to make them for stock.

So, it looks like PFC-Z is off the list and we will have to look for another compromise pad. Too bad since the Z pad was very good and could be bought for $105 a set for the fronts.

But wait... ...don't give up on the Z pads. MSI stocks 0731.10 and 0732.10 Z-rated pads for C5s and C6s.

We ship UPS every day and our regular price is $110/set of fronts or rears. We stock the PFC Brake fluid as well and can put a package together for you with braided lines, pads, fluid and Rotors.

Just call 916-784-2323
Old 10-18-2006, 11:18 AM
StArrow68
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As one with the MSI package on board I can say they work well. And since the PFC Z's have been sometimes hard to find, I keep my own stock of at least one ahead. The current ones are lasting longer than I expected.
Randy
Old 10-18-2006, 02:46 PM
m3brad
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C5stein

But wait... ...don't give up on the Z pads. MSI stocks 0731.10 and 0732.10 Z-rated pads for C5s and C6s.

We ship UPS every day and our regular price is $110/set of fronts or rears. We stock the PFC Brake fluid as well and can put a package together for you with braided lines, pads, fluid and Rotors.

Just call 916-784-2323
These guys are great! I bought two sets of "Z" pads from them for my 2006 Z51 and they've worked quite well on the roadcourses I've been to. If I keep my car, I'll be calling for some more.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:06 AM
0C5stein
Former Vendor

Thanks you guys.

Here is one of the things to keep in mind, for those of you that haven't tried the Z-pad. These are great street pads that do well on both autocross and track day use. These are not race pads for the hardcore track setup, for that we have Carbotech and PFC "01" pads.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:24 AM
hisvett
Melting Slicks

Received 384 Likes on 244 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Default Shopping for 01's

Thanks you guys.

Here is one of the things to keep in mind, for those of you that haven't tried the Z-pad. These are great street pads that do well on both autocross and track day use. These are not race pads for the hardcore track setup, for that we have Carbotech and PFC "01" pads.

Mark;
I'm shopping for a full set of 01' to fit my C5 for the next track event. How much delivered to 76248?
Thanks,
MK

Get notified of new replies

To PFC - Z Pads ... where to buy?

Old 10-22-2006, 11:28 AM
GR8-LIFE
Team Owner

Originally Posted by steponc
MSI, a supporting vendor, had them for sale not long ago. I bought extra sets to put on the shelf because they said PFC may not make them or they only make a certain amount each run.

I spoke with a PFC Rep about this several months ago. He said that the 732's (rears) are discontinued. But they still make the 731's.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:33 AM
GR8-LIFE
Team Owner

Originally Posted by m3brad
These guys are great! I bought two sets of "Z" pads from them for my 2006 Z51 and they've worked quite well on the roadcourses I've been to. If I keep my car, I'll be calling for some more.

I've been using the Z pads for almost 3 years now. When I first bought them I replaced the crappy Hwk HP PLUs pads which are suppose to be a track/street pad. The PFC Z Pads Blow them away. Wheras the Z pad may not be a TRUE all out track pad (Thier 01's are), the will shock you as to what they can dod. When I first bought them at AutoZone, had a liftetime warranty on thme Have switched them out 4 times so far
Old 10-22-2006, 11:38 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes we still stock them. We think that they are the best all around brake pad for the C5 & C6 currently available. It is a good track dy pad and an excellent street pad.

Performance Friction dropped all automotive "Z-rated" pads last year as they found that the High coeffecient of friction, higher heat range and low noise and low dust was also what many of their medium duty fleet truck operators liked. The problem was that there are alot more trucks out there needing these pads that there are 1997 and newer Corvettes, and they didn't have enough capacity on that line.

We, and our customers, like the "Z-rated" pads so well that we place large production orders for them through out the year. I think we are the only company still buying these from PFC. Of course we need to buy them in quantities of 100 fronts and 100 rears at a time to get any at all.

They are to busy making pads for my dooley I am on my 5th free set in 91,000. I had to buy the first set. They don't wear the rotors on my Dodge and they are original except one. Lifetime warranty and I just give them my phone # no reciept. Autozone

Quick Reply: PFC - Z Pads ... where to buy?