Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New springs for teh 87

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 11:14 AM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Default New springs for teh 87

Now that I have pretty much finished with autocross for the season, I want to start thinking about more mods on my 87 Z52 coupe for next year.

The Z52 package uses the stock FE1 springs with "sport" BIlstein shocks. I have added Z51 shocks, poly bushings in the Z52 swaybars and end links. I just replaced the rack with a reman and outer tie rod ends. I would think that even with only 72K on the clock, the bushings in the upper and lower control arms may be ready for replacement pieces.

Because the engine has mods, I'm not too worried about a specific class change, but I think the car needs better (and newer) springs. FWIW, I run Hoosier autocross tires on the stock wheels. Alignment is the VBP "Advanced Street" specs as I do drive the car on the street.

I've looked at the VBP packages, but it appears that the VBP Xtreme spring is not available for pre-88 cars. Any suggestions??

Quick Reply: New springs for teh 87