Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Race Prep Set-up for June 30/July 1 Willow Springs International Raceway run....

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 11:44 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

Default Race Prep Set-up for June 30/July 1 Willow Springs International Raceway run....

My races are all done now until September. I want to experiment with some car set-up over the summer. I am running my T1 Corvette at WSIR with Speed Ventures track day on June 30 and July 1.

Repositioning the seat:
One of the things I want to work on is repositioning my seat. I have it really close to the steering wheel because I like a good bend in my arms. But that means the seat must be rather vertical. Someone told my that there are steering wheel extenders for the removable racing steering wheels. Does anyone have experience with those...?

Left foot braking for those extra thousandths:
Also, I want to practice my left foot braking. I have been told that is really good to do going into turn 2 at WSIR. My left foot though feels like it has no dexterity for the subtleness of a good braking job. Who does left foot braking? How long did it take you to learn it well, and did you run into any problems while driving at 10/10ths?

Other Recommendations:
Do you folks have any other recommendations for me to learn how to pick-up a tenth here and a tenth there while I have some racing down-time?

Fastest regards,

Oli

Last edited by Olitho; 06-14-2007 at 12:02 AM.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:34 AM
freefall
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For left-foot braking...I learned a long time ago when driving automatics and still use it on them today. It's a good way to teach your left leg how to modulate the pedal, plus you get a quicker reaction time (don't have to pick up the other foot and switch pedals). On track, when not down-shifting, left-foot braking is the way to go as the car stays much more balanced.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:38 PM
J Ritt
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish I could make it out to play that weekend Oli...I'll be in Japan all week though...watch out for the ridiculously tall guy!

Get notified of new replies

To Race Prep Set-up for June 30/July 1 Willow Springs International Raceway run....

Quick Reply: Race Prep Set-up for June 30/July 1 Willow Springs International Raceway run....