Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn One Power Steering Pump

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 05:56 PM
jakers
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Default Turn One Power Steering Pump

I have a modified 1994 LT1 car. The car is a weekend toy right now but I intend to do some Auto-X and some track days. My power steering pump is worn out and leaking and it was suggested that I send it to Turn one. I am assuming that it will take a couple or three weeks to send it off and get it back. My question is it really worth it to do this? Why not just go and get a rebuilt Cardone unit from Advanced auto parts? Please share your experiences.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:32 PM
Timz06
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes it is worth it...I have a 95 camaro lt1, when I started tracking it the ps pump lasted about 2 days, then went. Got one from autozone, put on a cooler, and that pump went out half way through the first day at vir. Bought a turn one, and no problems. Trying to drive around track with your ps cutting in and out is not that much fun. The pump hits hard in the wallet but is worth it.

Tim
Old 06-19-2007, 06:48 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Timz06
Yes it is worth it...I have a 95 camaro lt1, when I started tracking it the ps pump lasted about 2 days, then went. Got one from autozone, put on a cooler, and that pump went out half way through the first day at vir. Bought a turn one, and no problems. Trying to drive around track with your ps cutting in and out is not that much fun. The pump hits hard in the wallet but is worth it.

Tim
That pump is in its second Camaro - I ran it in my '94 Z28 till it was totalled on the street and I sold the perfectly good almost new pump for a pittance of its true value to a guy who now uses it to try to beat me at VIR in a few weeks....

Truly it is worth every cent in hassle alone

I just bought a pump from them along with the nifty billet pulley installed already

Last edited by varkwso; 06-19-2007 at 06:52 PM.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:10 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

Mine has been holding up fine after taking out a couple of stock ones.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:13 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

We have been using Turn One before they were called Turn One. Turn one pumps are the only thing we have used and have been on every racecar we have built in the last 20 years. These guys know more about power steering then anyone else in the states and should be used for all pump related work. Hands down the best. Plus they bolt in like stock and are stock appearing.

Randy
Old 06-19-2007, 09:05 PM
Timz06
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by varkwso
That pump is in its second Camaro - I ran it in my '94 Z28 till it was totalled on the street and I sold the perfectly good almost new pump for a pittance of its true value to a guy who now uses it to try to beat me at VIR in a few weeks....

Truly it is worth every cent in hassle alone

I just bought a pump from them along with the nifty billet pulley installed already
Yeah right, you raked me over the coals on that pump, cost almost more than new

Just welded up some turn downs, instead of mufflers, your mirrors are going to crack as I go roaring by you...
Old 06-19-2007, 09:46 PM
Kinkajou
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Old 06-19-2007, 10:45 PM
jakers
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06

Just welded up some turn downs, instead of mufflers, your mirrors are going to crack as I go roaring by you...
Old 06-20-2007, 06:56 AM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At least you will have power steering to limp back into the paddock with your tail dragging. You replaced the trans in that one, yet?
Old 06-20-2007, 11:08 AM
jakers
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06

Default anyone esle?

So I have been calling Turn One since Monday morning. I did get a reply from someone named Jeff. He left me an incorrect cell phone number. In spite of the recommendations this company seems a bit sketchy. Must be nice to have enough business that you never have to call customers back or answer your phones! Is there another company out there?
Old 06-20-2007, 11:21 AM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

hmmm... I had great service.

I contacted them one morning a couple of months ago, ordered a pump and it was at the house within a day or two.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:25 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Jeff is the man out there. They must be slammed with work-orders.

Randy
Old 06-20-2007, 01:51 PM
jakers
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06

Default Heard from them today

All is good. Jeff called me and apologized for the wrong number... He gave me a blended number that was 1/2 cell and 1/2 office numbers. The order has been placed. For you C4 guys seems there are not many people calling for those pumps right now so Jeff builds them one at a time...
Old 06-20-2007, 02:45 PM
96GS#007
Tech Contributor

Received 1,735 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by jakers
All is good. Jeff called me and apologized for the wrong number... He gave me a blended number that was 1/2 cell and 1/2 office numbers. The order has been placed. For you C4 guys seems there are not many people calling for those pumps right now so Jeff builds them one at a time...
He builds to order, but you generally get the pump in a week to 10 days. Having said that they are physically at many of the races (ie NASCAR, etc) during the season and that means orders can take a bit longer.

After blowing through pumps I went with TurnOne and have been ps issue free for nearly 3 years.

Get notified of new replies

To Turn One Power Steering Pump

Quick Reply: Turn One Power Steering Pump