Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cobalt Friction pads now in stock!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 01:45 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Default Cobalt Friction pads now in stock!

We have been doing braking upgrades to the W.C. cars this year as was stated in my post about the exciting new 15" StopTech package. The other change is to a new brake pad from Cobalt Friction Technologies. I am now caring these pads for the StopTech ST-60 and ST-40 calipers as well as the OEM C5/6 calipers and the factory C6 Z06 calipers.

We will be stocking the GTS pad which is an excellent dual purpose pad for the OEM calipers.
"Cobalt GT-Sport is a class-winning autocross compound exhibiting very good cold performance, strong/solid initial bite, linear pedal feel with excellent modulation, and high fade resistance. Along with its excellent performance, the GT-Sport compound is rotor friendly and has very good wear rates over a broad operating temperature range. For the serious autocross driver, the GT-Sport will let you take back the time under braking! Also suitable for spirited street driving (i.e. canyon and mountain drives, etc.) and novice to intermediate level HPDE events"

I also will have the XR2 pad for all calipers, which is a full race pad and what we have found to be one of the best pads on the market so far and have been using during the entire 2007 season.

"Based on the XR1 formulation, XR2 features a high torque level, but with a smoother, less aggressive initial bite. Torque curve profile is virtually identical to XR1 on a temperature and line-pressure basis, but with a slight reduction in average friction"

A full list of pads and their details is listed below
http://www.cobaltfriction.com/compounds/

See them at their web site for a full run down on the company.
http://www.cobaltfriction.com/

Call us today for a full list of applications and pricing.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:19 AM
Silverton
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Has anyone tried these Cobalt pads yet?
Old 11-11-2007, 09:04 AM
ddl6289
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default XR1 or XTR

Anthony,

What about XR1 or XTR compounds for HPDE? They sound better than the XR2. If you don't recommend those, what's your reasoning?
Old 11-11-2007, 11:02 AM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

I have a set of XP10s for the rears that will be good for awhile. I was going to get some XP12s for the front, but would these be a better choice? I try to do HPDEs every 1 to 2 mos.

Thanks.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:41 PM
Blorton
Pro

How bad is the dusting with these?
Old 03-02-2008, 10:17 PM
Silverton
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ttt
Old 03-03-2008, 01:33 AM
96CELT4
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Silverton
Has anyone tried these Cobalt pads yet?
I've been using the GT-Sport for three years now and they are a great autocross pad. The low temperature bite is phenomenal and have never noticed any brake fade in the two sets I've gone through. Only downside is that they some times can be a bit to noisy for a daily driving and dust quit a bit. I've also run them down at Roebling Road and never had any issues at that high speed track. However we never did more than 4 hot laps at a time so couldn't say for sure if they would hold up to 20 minute HPDE sessions.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:02 AM
outnumbered
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Default quote $$

Can you give me a quote and availability for the XTR's for a 2006 Z with the factory calipers.

Thanks,

Dan
Old 03-03-2008, 12:20 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Originally Posted by ddl6289
Anthony,

What about XR1 or XTR compounds for HPDE? They sound better than the XR2. If you don't recommend those, what's your reasoning?
If you are just doing HPDE events, I would suggest the GTS pad over the others if you are wanting to drive the car to and from the track.

XR2's, like most race pads, dust more, make more noise, and do not have as good of cold stopping performance as a less 'aggressive' pad.

Get notified of new replies

To Cobalt Friction pads now in stock!

Quick Reply: Cobalt Friction pads now in stock!