Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lime Rock lap times AMLS

Old 07-08-2007, 06:25 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Lime Rock lap times AMLS

Porsche LMP2 car was hitting 44's that was fast as the track is rough and short. Vettes looked great also. GT2 cars were loooking fast till they were near a LMP2 car. Crowd was big at this event and great. Nothing like seeing it live. Tons of Vettes in the corral Chicane was a great place to see them all handle

Miko Salo is the stupidist person I ever saw behind any steering wheel. His car broke so he comes into the garage area where people were just walking full bore. He almost took a few down as they jumped away. Then he is yelling F F F F incessently. Lucky he didn't seriously hit someone.

Last edited by John Shiels; 07-08-2007 at 06:30 PM.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:26 PM
Kanmer
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran

We were there up on the hill overlooking the Esses. It was a bit toasty on Saturday. We arrived on Thurs. and the heavens opened up. It rained on and off both thurs and fri. We trailered the car behind the motorhome from VIR and hung out in the free camping area.

The Corvette Corral was quite interesting. I was able to get myh fuel rail covers, crash helmet and poster autographed by all 4 drivers. The race was interesting. I will bet those drivers were working constantly. THat track is short and technical. And BUMPY!!! We walked it friday night and it looks like it might be quite fun to drive. The Corvettes looked stable while the LMP cars were bouncing alot. I'll bet those guys were sore at the end. The GT2 cars were a lot of fun to watch.

I missed seeing you John. Not sure which in the corral you were. I would have like to have said hi. I had the Nassau Blue C5 with the Va tag. I am thinking I will be back next year.

Bob
Old 07-08-2007, 07:54 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I didn't bring a Vette as I had 3 other people with me Guess I'll catch you next year.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:55 PM
db2xpert
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by John Shiels
Porsche LMP2 car was hitting 44's that was fast as the track is rough and short. Vettes looked great also. GT2 cars were loooking fast till they were near a LMP2 car. Crowd was big at this event and great. Nothing like seeing it live. Tons of Vettes in the corral Chicane was a great place to see them all handle

Miko Salo is the stupidist person I ever saw behind any steering wheel. His car broke so he comes into the garage area where people were just walking full bore. He almost took a few down as they jumped away. Then he is yelling F F F F incessently. Lucky he didn't seriously hit someone.
And that's with the chicane at the bottom of the uphill...

Joel

Get notified of new replies

To Lime Rock lap times AMLS

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lime Rock lap times AMLS