Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VIR Viper Days & Rockingham PCA

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 07:04 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Default VIR Viper Days & Rockingham PCA

Two items for you - Viper Days and Hurricane PCA

Viper Days has a light turnout so they have opened up the event to anyone and everyone. Friday is lapping and Saturday/Sunday is the school. You might want to pass that along to some of the local Corvette owners and your other track buddies.

Viper Days is holding an event THIS weekend at VIR, they need more Instructors to sign up in order to accomodate their Student sign ups. The dates are July 14th/15th and Instructors that are able to come on Friday can have a FREE open track, test and tune day. Interested parties should contact Deb Blizzard at deb.blizzard@***.net to get signed up and join in the fun this weekend.

And while you are in the "passing along" mode, I need the item below sent to and posted as far and wide as you can. We finally have a few students signing up, but have room for several more. The instructor sign up is lagging behind as usual so I would be forever grateful if you sign up to instruct and encourage other instructors to sign up as well. Each instructor will have one novice or beginner student. Some instructors also will have one advanced student for sign-off early on Saturday. The schedule avoids students and instructors being on-track in back-to-back sessions as much as possible. The rental garages go a long way in keeping the cars and bodies cooler, too. If you want to be assigned a garage near another driver(s), be sure to write the information on your application or let me know one week before the event. Email or call me (919.349.5943) anytime if questions. I guess you heard about Rockingham going on the auction block in December. I plan to enjoy it this year because anything after December will be doubtful.

Important Message for Distribution:

Registration is open for Hurricane Region PCA at Rockingham August 11-12. We have slots available in all run groups - students and instructors. The event is open to all marques and all drivers over 18 years old. Rockingham is a safe track, suitable to novice drivers. The rental garages ($25/weekend) shade cars and drivers from the August sun, so it isn't as hot and miserable as most tracks in the summer. New this year is the infield curbing which ensures cleaner pavement during the day (www.trackschedule.com/rockkerbs.html). The entry fee includes on-track sessions, event t-shirt, and daily catered lunches. Students also receive classroom sessions and in-car instruction.

All forms and event information are posted at http://www.trackschedule.com/HurricaneDE.html. Email or call me if any questions.

Please pass this message along to anyone who might be interested. Hope to see you at Rockingham!

Last edited by AU N EGL; 07-12-2007 at 07:07 AM.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:36 AM
gpm30236
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For anyone who is on the fence considering doing the Viper days event, it is usually very well run, and lots of fun, mostly high HP cars, and the temps this weekend should be tolerable,

Am arriving tonight to do Fri- sun , look for big black tow truck with blue flames.

Quick Reply: VIR Viper Days & Rockingham PCA