Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One LG Motorsports World Challenge car sold at Mid ohio :)

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 09:54 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Default One LG Motorsports World Challenge car sold at Mid ohio :)

http://www.theracesite.com/index.cfm...e&mag_id=13938

Hi guys,

as the article on the Racesite says, we sold one of our World Challenge race cars to Rob Foster, a former Viper driver.

He got down to the 27s being in the car for the first time. He is going to upgrade the transmission to the new Holinger Sequential 6 speed prior to Mosport.

We have one car left for sale while we build new cars for the 08 season. Still trying to determine what series we will race in but if anyone is interested in my 28 car just give us a call.

Thanks
Lou Gigliotti

The #15 car is now the #17 car driven by Rob Foster. This is the car that I won Sears Point in and Dino C won Portland with.

http://lgmotorsports.com/gallery/alb...no_compare.jpg

LGM http://www.LGMotorsports.com
Winner Daytona 250
22 WC Wins

"Most powerful Corvette headers on the planet"

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 07-23-2007 at 09:58 PM.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:48 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

to Rob on buying a great race car!
Old 07-24-2007, 02:10 AM
C6400hp
Safety Car

Location: DFW This user does not support or recommend the product or service displayed in the ad to the right
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports

Hi guys,

as the article on the Racesite says, we sold one of our World Challenge race cars to Rob Foster, a former Viper driver.

He got down to the 27s being in the car for the first time. He is going to upgrade the transmission to the new Holinger Sequential 6 speed prior to Mosport.

We have one car left for sale while we build new cars for the 08 season. Still trying to determine what series we will race in but if anyone is interested in my 28 car just give us a call.

Thanks
Lou Gigliotti

The #15 car is now the #17 car driven by Rob Foster. This is the car that I won Sears Point in and Dino C won Portland with.

Congrats on the sale!
That is a great looking race car.
Just out of curiosity, what does a car like that go for?
If you don't want to post you can PM me.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:40 AM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by C6400hp
Congrats on the sale!
That is a great looking race car.
Just out of curiosity, what does a car like that go for?
If you don't want to post you can PM me.
We sell a brand new car for $175k with the GM motorsports close ratio gear box. $20k more for the Sequential race box.

A used car will sell for less depending on the history of the car, spares etc.

My #28 car has 2 wins. One at Mid Ohio in 2006 and Utah, both from the pole.

Feel free to contact me if there is any interest.

Thanks
Lou G
Old 07-24-2007, 08:58 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Lou

are using the Holinger now? if so how is it working compard to the GM Motorsports?

tom
Old 07-24-2007, 09:13 AM
racetex
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lou thanks for your advice at Mid-Ohio. I was able to keep the GTO behind me. I got one more point. I think Kubinski is the guy to beat for ROY. C U at Mosport.

Jeff
Old 07-24-2007, 07:43 PM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by racetex
Lou thanks for your advice at Mid-Ohio. I was able to keep the GTO behind me. I got one more point. I think Kubinski is the guy to beat for ROY. C U at Mosport.

Jeff
Thanks jeff,

See you there.

Lou

are using the Holinger now? if so how is it working compard to the GM Motorsports?

tom
Yes, we are using it now. The transmission gained 4 rwhp and the new restrictor that we have to use with it took away 11rwhp. So we saw a net loss of 7 rwhp using this transmission.

It was probably worth about 3 tenths of a second loss because the shifting did not out weight the restrictor requirement.

BUt in real life the Holinger will be better.

The trend with the rules is that anything that hurts the Corvette is ok and anything that helps the other cars is ok too.

New Porsche supplied mufflers got them a 10% less restrictor for losing 7 hp (so they said). But losing 7rwhp with the Corvette with the new restrictor met us with a "Shrug".

Later.
LG
Old 07-25-2007, 01:19 AM
HORNDAWG
Instructor

Thanks jeff,

See you there.

Yes, we are using it now. The transmission gained 4 rwhp and the new restrictor that we have to use with it took away 11rwhp. So we saw a net loss of 7 rwhp using this transmission.

It was probably worth about 3 tenths of a second loss because the shifting did not out weight the restrictor requirement.

BUt in real life the Holinger will be better.

The trend with the rules is that anything that hurts the Corvette is ok and anything that helps the other cars is ok too.

New Porsche supplied mufflers got them a 10% less restrictor for losing 7 hp (so they said). But losing 7rwhp with the Corvette with the new restrictor met us with a "Shrug".

Later.
LG
So are the 2) GT-2 project chassis still lurking in the shop somewhere?

L.P.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:55 AM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
So are the 2) GT-2 project chassis still lurking in the shop somewhere?

L.P.
YEP

LG
Old 07-25-2007, 02:54 PM
HORNDAWG
Instructor

I have probably a stupid ? . Why doesn't GM produce ( in limited quantity of 500 or so) a Z06R with steel frame rails? I have heard of concerns about this as it applies to cage installation for GT cars that are not of the C6.R lineage? This would also make for a good trackday, and up, feature for cage installation wouldn't it? Two birds with one stone?

L.P.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:23 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
I have probably a stupid ? . Why doesn't GM produce ( in limited quantity of 500 or so) a Z06R with steel frame rails? I have heard of concerns about this as it applies to cage installation for GT cars that are not of the C6.R lineage? This would also make for a good trackday, and up, feature for cage installation wouldn't it? Two birds with one stone?

L.P.
That question was brought up to the powers that be and the answer was No, not going to happen.

However, in another breath there is still some thought about doing a BIW roller run of 50 or so cars. The first 50 BIW C5s was done for the Motorola cup back in 97 or 98.

Many of us would love to have a roller to build into a race car.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:59 PM
HORNDAWG
Instructor

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
That question was brought up to the powers that be and the answer was No, not going to happen.

However, in another breath there is still some thought about doing a BIW roller run of 50 or so cars. The first 50 BIW C5s was done for the Motorola cup back in 97 or 98.

Many of us would love to have a roller to build into a race car.
I was thinking that with the ferver of change in GT around the world and the possibility of the ACO making changes which may force GM/Corvette Racing to abandon the C6.R GT-1. Do they just quit, move to the new P-1 silhouette cars or GT-2 ? I thought that Corvette Racing was adamant on running an actual Corvette derived chassis as to show the relevance of applicable technologies and that this might influence their position on the subject.

L.P.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:30 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Corvette is not leaving the sports car racing. Many many hints that they will stay. But at what level?

Corvette is about HP.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:39 PM
LG Motorsports

The alms GT1 car had the Steel frame homologated for the Lemans rules. They did not want to use the Aluminum frame for obvious reasons.

So the C6 frame is the frame of choice for all the racing series where a Corvette races in.

thanks
Lou G
Old 07-25-2007, 11:40 PM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

So the C6 frame is the frame of choice for all the racing series where a Corvette races in.
What? It's not the C4? Why the hell didn't somebody tell me this sooner!?!

Lou, haven't seen the M-O race yet (don't want to know anything until it airs on Saturday), but did Rob run the #15 in the Sunday race, or stick with the Viper until he could get more seat time in the Corvette?
Old 07-26-2007, 10:26 AM
Too Tall Bob
Racer

Hi guys,

"This isn't a good year to be running a Viper." - Michael McCann who implied that his McCann Racing Vipers are for sale.

Has anyone made sure that this info is posted over on the Viper forums?

Last edited by Too Tall Bob; 07-26-2007 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Because I like to hear myself type!
Old 07-26-2007, 04:05 PM
micro
Melting Slicks

Isn't that because the Vipers have been restricted a lot this year?

New cars are coming into GT racing with aluminum frames (Ford GT, Morgan Aero 8, Jaguar XKR, Aston Martin DBR9 and DBRS9). The technology is there.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:21 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Originally Posted by micro
Isn't that because the Vipers have been restricted a lot this year?

New cars are coming into GT racing with aluminum frames (Ford GT, Morgan Aero 8, Jaguar XKR, Aston Martin DBR9 and DBRS9). The technology is there.
We havent seen any of these cars in the US. and if its new, forget it restrictions.

Ford GT, one or two for europe if any at all as it is no longer produced. Morgan hasnt produced a competive car in how long, if ever. the Jags and AMs we wont see either do to costs and teams. The only Jags we see or saw here were carbon fiber bodies in Trans AM placed over tube frame chassies.

GT racing is or will be shortly in a transition. SpeedWorld Challange is unfair too just about eveyone, but not equally.

Porsches 997 RSR, F430s and Panoz for GT2.
Caddies, and 997s, a few vettes and vipers for Speed World Challange
Porsche GT3 Cup car, Mazda RX8, Pontiac GXP.r and a few MustangsGT, Nissan/ Infity GT-Rs and tube frame built Corvettes as field fillers for Grand AM GT

GT1 is up in the air. with the C6r and possible a MC12 for part of this year.

Get notified of new replies

To One LG Motorsports World Challenge car sold at Mid ohio :)

Quick Reply: One LG Motorsports World Challenge car sold at Mid ohio :)