Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Video ONE Lap Summit Point C5 Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 10:17 AM
JaGsC5
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Video ONE Lap Summit Point C5 Coupe

Video Link -

July 27 at a track day event organized by NVCC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a43GOaUiG_I
Old 08-06-2007, 11:38 AM
racerbob4
Instructor

Generally you have pretty good lines. You can go faster thru most of the turns. In turn 1 you can go faster and you can let the car drift out as you increase throttle. Turn 3 has a later apex and you can go faster as the hill holds the car in. 4 and 5 are good. turn 6a is a slightly later apex and 6b is very late apex, turn 7 is good but also a late apex and 8 is ok but you can go faster. The 6b turn is key to the second longest straight at Sumit which is from 6b to 10. A later apex allows you to set up for turn 8 which is a very fast turn and the apex is just about in the middle of the turn. Summit has more late apex turns than early. Turn 10 is a very fast turn and the most important turn as it leads to the longest straight. Test the rumble strips on the outside of that turn as you can also use that part of the track.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:25 PM
JaGsC5
Instructor

Uh,, obviosly I was not driving the car to my or the car's limits. The only video I have from this event shows only lap 2 of my fourth session. The car is not to speed yet because it usually take about 3 laps to get the tires and brakes up to temp. If you look closely you'll see my hand reach by habit to downshift approaching 5 because I don't upsift out of 2 during warmup laps. The next lap on this video was red flagged and the camera gobble up the rest of my memory as I sat by the edge of the track. I'm almost sorry I posted a link for folks to view as entertainment.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:52 PM
Goodwood
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Heck, being a total noob, I thought you ran excellent laps. You might've wanted to mention all this additional info about warmup laps and such in your 1st post, instead of going on the defensive.

Last edited by Goodwood; 08-07-2007 at 09:04 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:01 PM
1ED1
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

racerbob4 post a video of some of your laps so we can all learn.

Get notified of new replies

To Video ONE Lap Summit Point C5 Coupe

Quick Reply: Video ONE Lap Summit Point C5 Coupe