Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T1 bars and End Links Installation Questions

Old 08-09-2007, 07:58 PM
UstaB-GS549
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Default T1 bars and End Links Installation Questions

Help.

I can't seem to find picture or description of how the long and short spacers on the end links are stacked on the bolts. I pretty sure I saw it somwhere, but can't find it now.

Just put it together and it will be obvious?

I have the front bar mounted without links. With the new T1 bushings in place it seemes like there is a lot more bushing compression when using the stock brackets. I put the split facing rearward with the tongue on the bushing on top which is the same as the stock bar/bushings. There is a keyslot in the crossmember for the tongue on the bushing to fit into.

The bolts were easy to tighten, but the bar will not pivot with any reasonable amount of pressure. I pretty sure that's a bad idea.

Put washers under the steel brackets to limit bushing compression? Trial and error solution?

I going back out into the garage and see if I can't figure this out. 6 munce ugo I couln not evun spel enguineer and now I are one.

TIA

Erik
Old 08-09-2007, 10:44 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 709 Likes on 490 Posts

the spacers should be fairly obvious, as you want the joints to be as perpendicular as possible. You want a spacer on each side of the heim to allow full rotation.

I've seen lots of folks put washers under the OEM brackets, although I've always run them tight. It's amazing how quickly a 3000lb car can loosen up a set of bushings..
Old 08-09-2007, 10:49 PM
TommyBoy72
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On other cars I used to have this problem and eventually it would tear the flimsy mount.

In the case of the C5, I carefully dremelled out the bushing carefully until I had what I considered to be a proper amount of compression. This was with an Addco bar not the T1 though. I feel it should be not that difficult to rotate the bar once lubed. It shouldn't be so light it only takes your pinky but you shouldn't have to throw your weight into it.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:08 AM
UstaB-GS549
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
the spacers should be fairly obvious, as you want the joints to be as perpendicular as possible. You want a spacer on each side of the heim to allow full rotation.

I've seen lots of folks put washers under the OEM brackets, although I've always run them tight. It's amazing how quickly a 3000lb car can loosen up a set of bushings..

I backed off each bolt about 2 turns. that was enought to make the bar pivot and hold its position after moving. I' going to let it sit for another day before I make a decision about shimming with washers.

As far as the spacers are concerned, I put the longest spacers between the bar or a-arm and the heim joint;the short spacers between the heim and nut. It seems obvious once the joint is in place. The link assembly seems nearly vertical.

Get notified of new replies

To T1 bars and End Links Installation Questions

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: T1 bars and End Links Installation Questions